Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 PT Cruiser Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got this 2003 PT. Found a NOS Mopar Ground effects kit, got it painted, and put it on today. Pleased with how it turned out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
True story. . . I bought a '04 PT NA 5Spd a few years back, clean, low mileage, nice car. Ended up selling it to a friend who was suddenly desperate for a car and he still drives it today. However, while I had it I thought it will never be fast, but, I could make it a bit of a show car. First the chrome overlays for the front grilles, they really set off the dark Gray Metallic color of the car, then on to the ground effects. Found a set that I liked, just like yours except the rear was one piece that went all the way across, called the company and they assured me they had it in stock. Money sent. I was given an approximate delivery date to the body shop that was to paint and install it. A few days before it was to arrive my money was back in my bank. . . WTF? Called and was told their computer was wrong and they didn't have any and could not get any more.

A couple of days later I was back on their site looking for something else and went to check to see if they had a different kit I might like. To my surprise there was the kit I'd ordered, now in stock and only $250 more in price! Needless to say I've never dealt with them again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
HEADS UP.

I pulled off the plastic trim under the pass side windshield off, and with blacklite, looking for 134 dye. NO<NO<NO. This is "only" for the access for the cabin filter. (after the 01 model I guess?)
The area of the ac connection at the evaporator is blocked/boxed off from the intake air chamber.

I used a lawn mower air filter over the hole for intake air where my 05 has it's cabin filter. I used glue backed aluminum tape to seal, then glued/sealed those seams. Failure to seal will cause leak at pass floor )o

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts