Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to how hard it would be to add power heated mirrors to my 94 Spirit. My old 93 Spirit had power heated mirrors and wow, I never once had to scrape any ice or snow off them in the winter. Of course, having electrical control over the adjustment of them makes it easier to keep them properly adjusted to my liking. The junkyard I like to go to has a 94 Spirit that's got the heated power mirrors. It'll probably get crushed in the spring so if I want those mirrors I should grab them soon.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
Grab them NOW. My 92 Daytona came with power heated mirrors, and my 93 Daytona had manual mirrors. I scavenged the power mirrors, along with the switch that goes in the armrest. I removed the manual mirrors, and found that the factory did already have the wiring harness installed. So I only had to bolt the mirrors in place, and plug the switch in, and snap it into the door cutout.

I sold the manual mirrors to Marty of Arizona Parts as a partial trade toward some parts I was buying from him. You might be able to do the same with the old mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
36,917 Posts
You may not be as lucky as Bob with the wiring but I'd still consider the upgrade worthwhile even if you have to grab wiring from the junkyard car as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts