Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

VOTS says production scheduled not started.

I would like to add remote start my dealer says he does not think he can edit the order after it has passed "C" status but is willing to try if I can find out how to do it.

It makes sense to have it done at the factory which will be covered under the original warranty rather than installing the Mopar kit which will work as this is an automatic transmission keyless entry vehicle.

So if any one can explain the way to make it work please let me know I have the VIN and VON.

Thanks

2013 black , black , S package, JKU sport, auto trans, hard top, max tow ,alpine

·
Super Moderator
21,371 Posts
It's funny that the dealer is asking you to find out how if they can't find out. They have about as direct a line to Chrysler as you can get.
If it is too late to add factory XBM, the kit is very neat and easy for the dealer to install for you.

·
3,813 Posts
It is too late, if you vehicle has been scheduled already than you cannot edit the order any further, at least not easily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My plan is to get the XBM kit I am wondering if the factory warranty will cover a problem if the dealer installs it .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Bob

I have not taken delivery yet so i can not read my "warrenty" or even my warranty.

if it will not be covered by Chrysler I will look into my installation options and save a few dollars

·
Super Moderator
21,371 Posts
I added XBM in the Mopar kit to my wife's 2011 Liberty last Xmas. I installed the hood switch, remote start antenna behind the cluster and WCM at the ign switch.
The dealer cut and programmed the 2 new keys (with the start button) and entered the XBM dealer-installed option into the Chrysler database over the ethernet and then loaded the XBM option into the Gateway (TIPM) of the vehicle so that the vehicle's module now knew that it was equipped with the remote start and after that everything worked.
Clean, neat, easy work with hand tools. No cutting, splicing, soldering or drilling. Everything just plugs in. Only the dealer's assistance is required for the last key-cutting/programming steps.
I believe that the basic dealer warranty is 1 year/12,000 miles, but if you have a good relationship with them they will help you out where they can afterwards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Imperial Crown

Did you buy the XBM from the dealer?

I have seen them online for a little over $200 .

The Dealer quoted me $480 installed.

What did the dealer charge you for cutting and programing the keys and flashing the vehicles computer ?

i feel confident I can install the unit.

Thanks

Capt. Mike

99 TJ
66 Corvette
72 Chevelle SS 454
09 Camry 300hp
All heavily modified

2013 JKU being built

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
I have seen them online for a little over $200 .

The Dealer quoted me $480 installed.
Just a hunch, but after shipping and handling for the $200 unit and the dealers charges for his work, the $480 is going to be pretty competitive.

·
Super Moderator
21,371 Posts
I was able to purchase it at the dealer for employee cost (~ dealer cost + 30%) +tax. I used to work there and still visit and do business there often.
Ask your salesperson if they could purchase the kit for you at their cost or work some numbers into the deal to get you a preferred-customer (which you are, by the way) rate.
In the interest of new car sales satisfaction, I can't see why they wouldn't. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain over keeping you happy.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I was able to purchase it at the dealer for employee cost (~ dealer cost + 30%) +tax. I used to work there and still visit and do business there often.
Ask your salesperson if they could purchase the kit for you at their cost or work some numbers into the deal to get you a preferred-customer (which you are, by the way) rate.
In the interest of new car sales satisfaction, I can't see why they wouldn't. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain over keeping you happy.
Definitely a good idea. When I purchased my Caliber, they actually installed the Mopar foglight kit for free. (Mind you I had to fight with them for 8 months to do it properly, but thats another story)

As an aside, I thought that they used to promote that Mopar accessories, when purchased new with a new vehicle were covered under the new vehicle warranty instead of just the one year warranty they come with as independent accessories? I could be misunderstanding though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As an aside, I thought that they used to promote that Mopar accessories, when purchased new with a new vehicle were covered under the new vehicle warranty instead of just the one year warranty they come with as independent accessories? I could be misunderstanding though.
That is my understanding as well.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is from the Chrysler warranty manual. Your remote start will be covered by the factory warranty when installed at the dealer. Also because it is provided by Mopar it will not void any other warranty. Most likely the TIPM will need to reprogrammed to recognize the remote start. I recommend it be installed by a dealer.

MOPAR PARTS & ACCESSORIES PRODUCT WARRANTY COVERAGE
MOPAR PARTS BASIC 12-MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY

Except as listed below, Mopar parts sold over-the-counter or wholesale are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts (exchange) only. Mopar Parts installed on a Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or FIAT vehicle by an authorized Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or FIAT dealer are warranted for 12 months/12,000 miles for both parts and labor, or for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts exchange only, whichever is more favorable to the customer.

Mopar parts replaced on a Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or FIAT vehicle still covered by the Chrysler New vehicle Basic Limited Warranty are warranted for the remainder of the New Vehicle Basic 3 Year/36,000 Mile Limited Warranty, or for Mopar Parts Basic 12-Month Limited Warranty from the original installation date, whichever is more favorable to the customer.

Steven

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry, I found this foot note on page 182. I knew it was somewhere.

"Mopar Accessories, Audio Products and Electronic Accessories installed on a Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or FIAT vehicle by an authorized Ram, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep or FIAT dealer are covered either by the Mopar Basic Limited Warranty, or by the remainder of the New Vehicle Basic Limited Warranty, whichever is more favorable to the customer
January 3, 2012"

To confirm I just placed a call to Mopar. The 3/36 statement was removed from the brochures due to different warranties offered. I was told that the accessories (parts starting with 822....) are covered by any remaining factory warranty.

Thank you for correcting this.
Steven

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
266 Posts
No problem, I saw some back and forth with bad information. :runaway:

I want to help make sure people get good and correct information. :thumbsup:

Steven