Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 2009 PT Cruiser which is in excellent condition, inside and out. Any advice from people with experience with this model year? It is not a GT nor a Turbo.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. The PT was a fairly good vehicle. My dad had a 2002 and my DIL has a 2007. It is safe, roomy and somewhat heavy for its size. Depending on your type of driving, expect around 20-22 mpg around town, maybe 28-30 on the highway? YMMV.
I would go and look at it and speak with the owner. You can usually tell if the car was taken care of, especially if the car was treated as a member of the family.
If it sounds more like the owner is trying to unload the car, use caution and your best judgement.
A 9 year-old car will likely need some work, but maybe not right away. How many kms? Are the service records available? Has it had a timing belt replacement? Has it had transaxle and coolant fluid flushes?
Drive it. Make sure that everything works. Note any funny noises or odors. Best of luck to you. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have owned a 2009 PT Cruiser since new. it has been a great car. The only issue I have had with it was an ignition switch failure where the car would shut down while driving, this happened about 5 years ago. The dealer had run into the same issue on a jeep and changed the ignition switch. Mine is a touring model in Melbourne Green with a sunroof and heated seats. Gas mileage is about 19 to 20 around town and 22 - 24 on the highway. I hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts