Allpar Forums banner

Aftermarket Radio for 2007 Crusier

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Handy_Cruiser 
#1 ·
I bought an A-Sure aftermatket radio. It is designed as an OEM plug and play model. I'm having 2 issues with it. The first is when I shut the ignition off, the radio immediately shuts down (unlike a stock radio which stays on till a door is opened). Any ideas about this? Also, having a difficult time with Android Auto, it will only function with connected bia USB and does not function when connected to Bluetooth (as it is supposed to). Anyone have this unit? Experienced either of these issues?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Allpar. The factory CAN bus set-up keeps the radio on for a select amount of time, or until the drivers door opens through the Accessory relay (R.A.P.).

You will likely need to install a CAN bus interface or emulator to restore radio features and functions handled over the communications bus. This is an example of what you want, although it says discontinued:

Did you replace one of the Chrysler radios listed above? Do you have steering wheel radio controls?
Some newer aftermarket radio swaps are disappointing because of compatibility issues and mickey-mouse solutions like this. I always try to repair or replace what is in it with an OEM radio.

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue
#4 ·
I will install one of those into a Dakota this weekend. I had this head unit before they are produced by a Chinese company and other companies simply add their branding. The can bus interface they supply should be universal for Chrysler products from this Era. That said, I have used many can bus interfaces, and none of them work 100%.
The setting on when to turn off the radio should allow for what you want. If they are not accessible from the navigatable menu, there should be a hidden menu you can adjust.

For this particular radio, it may shut off after 10 minutes. Push your key into the ignition and it should turn back on. The ignition switch can be finicky, and after some wear it will lose enough contact for the radio to think there is no key in the ignition. The fix would be replacing the switch.

#7 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your input. I finally heard back from A-SURE (apparently they are overseas and on a different schedule than the U.S.). They pointled
out that certain functions of the canbus and how the radio reacts to them can be adjusted through the radio's software. So, I have to go into the programming and change a setting to "Standby" instead of "Off" and then the radio will stay on after turning the ignition off until a door is opened. Hope this info helps incase anyone else installs this unit. Again thanks to you all. And BTW, this is my first Cruiser and I am absolutely in love with it!
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Car Vehicle White Light Automotive design

#8 ·
I would not use factory power from a 2006 or newer PT Cruiser to drive an aftermarket stereo. You are risking damage to your Totally Integrated Power Module.

To solve your problem including the stereo shut-off issue, read my write-up here:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.