Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at my wit's end! I have been searching online for a replacement hanger kit for 94 Dodge Dakota. In the interest of full disclosure,I must admit. It has been to h#*/ and back. Twice... But I love the old girl. If I had that hanger today I could slap it on and Bessie will fire on the first turn of the ignition and it'll a ton and some change up a hill! No lie. I've done quite a bit of custom fab on the bed and body, 1 spot on the frame, so as far tools and knowledge I am fairly certain I could manufacture a suitable hanger and either weld or rivet/bolt it to the frame.But, I really don't want to go that route unless I absolutely have to. Anyone? Any suggestions? Any idea where I can get one? Anything would be helpful!I am including a pic of both the intact and broken hangers and shackle
left(broken):unsure:

Right (intact)

You can see the shackle still attached to the leaf (s) in the upper right corner of you know what to look for

Im looking for a referral, any suggestions on whereabouts of or anyone with access to the part or a parted out Dakota 4x4 (3.9l) from 87-96
#PleaseOnMyKnees

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,674 Posts
I found the Mopar part numbers for those N-body hanger brackets:
4404212 - Right
4322571 - Left
They appear to be the same part as the full-size D/W-body. Check for availability below:
Amazon.com: Genuine Chrysler 4404212 Suspension Bracket: Automotive
Buy Genuine Chrysler 4404212 Suspension Bracket: Shocks, Struts & Suspension - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
www.amazon.com
Dodge W250 Support. Front. SUSPENSION, COMPONENTS - 4322571 | Amherst OH
Support. Front. SUSPENSION, COMPONENTS. Dodge W250. Genuine Dodge Part - 4322571. Ships from Amherst OH
www.slimansparts.com
That frame rail will need reinforcement by a competent metal worker.

·
KOG
7,231 Posts
I'm seeing waaaaay too much rust on that frame.

·
Registered
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
67 Posts
As a former Dakota owner, I completely understand the devotion to keeping them alive. If I was a better mechanic in my youth, I would still have mine today.

However, looking at that frame, I'm not sure she is long for this world. Perhaps you should look for an entire new frame at a junkyard. The "good" hangar looks paper thin.

·
Super Moderator
32,801 Posts
My 92 Dakota frame has been welded 4x, in open areas not near any attachment points for suspension. It's been fixed for the last time. Any more damage, and it's time to say goodbye. It's not just your life at risk, but others when the frame fails during driving. I'm planning my replacement for about 2 years from now, knowing that that life may be truncated. I won't tow anything with it, or load the bed more than 1/3 of original payload capacity.

Reactions: DC-93
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.