Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Curiouser and Curiouser...

I didn't realize an IPO could cause this many delays.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I understand the the 4C is basically already sold out.

The Carbon fiber is the Critical path item, even though the moved it from Dallara it still isn't enough to match any kind of demand.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
It never was at Dallara, actually.
According to the press launch just a few days ago, US launch is set for Q2-2014, so it pans out. I doubt this has anything to do with the IPO, it's just a way do draw out the US launch and not leave too much time between the 4C and the next model.
The main driver behind the "delay" is simply the development stage of the next Alfa Romeo product.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Those poor dealers!

I hope they're getting some compensation for their investment.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
RVC said:
It never was at Dallara, actually.
According to the press launch just a few days ago, US launch is set for Q2-2014, so it pans out. I doubt this has anything to do with the IPO, it's just a way do draw out the US launch and not leave too much time between the 4C and the next model.
The main driver behind the "delay" is simply the development stage of the next Alfa Romeo product.
Well when I was in Italy last year the Dallara guys doing the development would disagree. :p

Friend of CFO of a current supplier was on the project.

Clearly Dallara doesn't have the product capacity for a full scale production car even when Indy comes fully on board.

:D

Right now there would not be enough 4Cs to have a full scale dealer launch, they will need a higher volume product to even make it worth the effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts