Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
Reading the specs of the Gloria, this vehicle is within one to two inches of the Challenger's wheelbase, body width, height and length in dimensions. Without knowing the coming new 200's dimensions, this is either a sister to the 200 or a preview of the LX based next generation down sized cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
It looks a bit small to be the 169 replacement which is a full size car. I figure it's just a concept to test the reception of the new styling cues which will firstly be applied to the Giulia (mid-size car).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
4-door-cuda...

Kill the tapir snout please! Why do kids always design cars with tiny rear doors?
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
RVC said:
4-door-cuda...

Kill the tapir snout please! Why do kids always design cars with tiny rear doors?
Rumor was, the Alfa would be the four door and the Barracuda would be the two door.

Reality is, who the heck knows.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RVC said:
4-door-cuda...

Kill the tapir snout please! Why do kids always design cars with tiny rear doors?
I like Car and Driver's version of the Cuda:


 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
[sigh]

The red car : Mitsubishi Eclipse (first generation) or Eagle Talon body with standard ugly front as seen on Ford, Aston Martin, etc.

The blue car: Camaro top, Mitsubishi Eclipse bottom.
Thank You!
When I mentioned, a few months ago that the blue car looked too much like a Camaro to me, I was greeted with a barrage of critism.
Glad someone else can see it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
Looks to me like an Alfa version concept that would be a sibling to the SRT Barracuda ....... I like the shape of it ... now ditch the orange markers on the hood and give me a Mopar-looking grille. You can keep or lose the rear doors... I don't care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Yup I see the Camaro resemblance also..It's hard to tell anything as far as design direction from Chrysler in General.. Usually there is a design theme or designe cues for other models but just not seeing where they are going.. but.. That just makes it more exciting haha
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
SRTaholic said:
Yup I see the Camaro resemblance also..It's hard to tell anything as far as design direction from Chrysler in General.. Usually there is a design theme or designe cues for other models but just not seeing where they are going.. but.. That just makes it more exciting haha
None of the renderings seen above are official renders commissioned by Chrysler. They are simply some random person's dream based on how they compiled information.

Nothing more, nothing less
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
... Sorry Mike.. I realize that been watching chrysler for years. I'm generally talking of the direction of the NEW "REAL" cars not renderings. Just not seeing the design direction yet.. Hopefully soon we will see a focus. That's all I was saying
 

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
IED worked closely with Alfa Style Center on the design.

It is the same width as the the Challenger, 12 inches shorter in length, 6 inches shorter in height, and on a 2 inch shorter wheelbase.

Prediction:

This is a preview of the LC-based RWD LA architecture that will underpin the Dodge Challenger and SRT Barracuda (Brampton)*, and an Alfa coupe (Mirafiori or Modena) in 2014, and the new Maserati GranTurismo and GranCabrio (Modena) In 2015. All 5 will be available in North America.

The smaller CUSW FWD platform (with rear-biased full-time AWD) will underpin the Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan and sportwagon (Cassino) and the Chrysler 200 sedan (SHAP) in 2014, and the Chrysler 200 cabriolet (SHAP) in 2015. Both Chryslers but neither Alfa will be available in North America. Both Alfas and the Chrysler convertible (aka Lancia Flavia) will be offered in Europe.

The Alfa Romeo 169 (Mirafiori) will be based on the Ghibli (Grugliasco), roughly the same size as the Charger/300 (Brampton), and debut in 2015.

*Challenger/Barracuda may stay on LC until 2016 or 2017, in which case LA will debut on the Alfa.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Jackratchett and Allpar "work closely" to Chrysler too... But that doesn't mean it's official either ;)

Mike
 

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
Mike V. said:
Jackratchett and Allpar "work closely" to Chrysler too... But that doesn't mean it's official either ;)

Mike
I agree, but I wonder if Alfa gave them a range of dimensions to work from. We'll probably never know.

However, I think it is telling that this concept has the exact same width as the Challenger and its other dimensions are not too far off from what has been rumored to be the size of the new Challenger.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
bethlumboy said:
I agree, but I wonder if Alfa gave them a range of dimensions to work from. We'll probably never know.

However, I think it is telling that this concept has the exact same width as the Challenger and its other dimensions are not too far off from what has been rumored to be the size of the new Challenger.
It's not hard to use another car as a base for art work. Sorry, I know I am being critical, but I don't see it being much different than any other third party rendering.

Mike
 

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
Mike V. said:
It's not hard to use another car as a base for art work. Sorry, I know I am being critical, but I don't see it being much different than any other third party rendering.

Mike
No worries! You are probably right!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top