Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to add a little stress to a family situation (father-in-law died unexpectedly last Saturday, and we had to hospitalize my mother-in-law for pneumonia), while running errands to take care of some things, one of the keys to my Pacifica ended up in a storm sewer, gone forever. I now have just one key, and want to get another. Does this mean an expensive trip to a dealer?

·
Super Moderator
21,370 Posts
The smart key with the RKE buttons on it is more expensive than the plain gray SKIM key, if that will do.
If you combine services like an LOF and tire rotation for instance, they may offer a courtesy key chip programming. Ask.
Some hardware stores around here are advertising chip key cutting and programming for domestic cars, but I have not tried them. I don't know how their prices compare or if they can really contact Chrysler for the secret 4-digit key code or have the tool to program them.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give it a try. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Sorry to hear about your in-laws, Bob.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Bob.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Condolences to your family and I hope your Mom is improving, man. I bought keys off ebay for my Chevy and a friends Toyota and they worked fine. I don't know if Chrysler keys would be the same, but the prices sure are a whole lot better than dealerships! Our local hardware store also adverties the keys, like Imperial Crown was talking about. Haven't tried them for one, but might on the 200 once the wife is able to drive again. My son doesn't want to give his key up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts