·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,864 Posts
How a part that costs less than $1 can derail a six-figure automobile.

·
Registered
15,864 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,174 Posts
Every Master cylinder I have been around has a vent. Some have a diaphragm between the cap and the fluid but it has to be vented. They would not have gone this far without something venting. It may be that the vent may become plugged over time due to the design but if not vented, brakes would have stopped working long before the first pads wore out.

·
Jeepaholic
6,958 Posts
Now I am going to have to go in my garage and check out the caps on my 6 Ferrari's. What a bummer! :rolleyes:
You only have 6? Pffffffttt…peasant.

:LOL:

·
Jeepaholic
6,958 Posts
That's in the garage that is attached to the house................the other garage in the back has 12.
Ok, that’s better. For a moment I thought we may have to rescind your membership at the yacht/country/tea club.

• Haha
Reactions: World14

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,241 Posts
Yeah, the only people it affects might be late for their polo game.
I mean it's not a lot of cars and the part is probably not particularly expensive; certainly the labor shouldn't be.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,484 Posts
To me it's the fact at how simple that part is and they somehow messed it up.
That seems to still be the case in some instances. My WL had a recall to check the seat frame where a child seat is attached. It was to check if a weld got missed. Ours was fine, but I'm glad they checked it just the same. In today's world a kid has to sit in a child seat until puberty it seems.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That seems to still be the case in some instances. My WL had a recall to check the seat frame where a child seat is attached. It was to check if a weld got missed. Ours was fine, but I'm glad they checked it just the same. In today's world a kid has to sit in a child seat until puberty it seems.
That is such a simple thing to miss as well. Idk how long ppl put their kids in child seats anymore. I think I stopped being in them when I was like 5 lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts