Allpar Forums banner

alright forum, you and me are ganna get this valiant back to running s

12K views 41 replies 8 participants last post by  Ellobo 
No need for a replica exhaust on a non-high dollar collector car. Either a shop can bend something up or you can still find mufflers and tailpipes to fit the car.

The voltage regulator or someplace else in the charging system may have a bad ground or poor connection. If the voltage was so high it ruined the distributor you may well have many other electrical issues you need to work on. If you are electrically included, get a good multi-meter and a factory service manual (CD or paper) of eBay and go to work on it. Test the grounds and check your actual voltage output (the gauge may not be so accurate - some never move, others swing wildly with alternator output changes).

Unless the distributor isn't able to be tightened down what makes you think the wrong clamp was used? If you do need a replacement, your options are probably eBay or someone who deals in old Mopars.

Let me look if I can make it toi the junkyard this weekend. i know there are some slant 6 cars there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.