1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: M.O.D.

·
2,570 Posts
I am pretty sure that is from Al Pacino's pregame speech in Any Given Sunday.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drew54 said:
I am pretty sure that is from Al Pacino's pregame speech in Any Given Sunday.
You are correct, the right to that clip must have been expensive!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Now that was just awesome. Gotta love Pacino. Well done, Jeep.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
so when we get the twin turbo'd V6 , we can use the scene from Scarface - "say hello to my little friends"

·
Super Moderator
735 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just hope nobody will ever say that Chrysler is wasting nascars budget into ads. Because thats not the case,and if it were the case,the budget is much more well spent.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Mr.Source said:
Just hope nobody will ever say that Chrysler is wasting nascars budget into ads. Because thats not the case,and if it were the case,the budget is much more well spent.
That's simply your opinion.

Mike

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
This is good, but for some very odd reason, I liked the "Manifesto" commercial much better.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CJDsalespro said:
You also deserve a Bravo! for that!

Mike V. said:
That's simply your opinion.

Mike
This will sell Jeep's, do you think that winning th cup will give Chrysler more sales than this? Chrysler did not care for Keselowski's win....

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Mr.Source said:
You also deserve a Bravo! for that.

This will sell Jeep's, do you think that winning th cup will give Chrysler more sales than this? Chrysler did not care for Keselowski's win....
Not to long ago you said Keselowski needed to win for Chrysler and you cheered him on.

But that doesn't matter here, since we know that the Dart ads that we saw all through December and January probably used those funds.

While I respect your thoughts, you can't prove that spending on NASCAR was worth the money anymore than I can.

Mike

·
3,813 Posts
I think it simply had more to do with the fact that touting a victory in a sport that you just pretty publicly had a somewhat ugly divorce from is probably not the smartest use of your money. Plus, the fact that for a month or so after the win, Kelowski's face and his cars face were plastered all over TV and the papers was most likely enough advertisment.

Anyhow, it is what it is, and really any argument about it is pointless as there is no right or wrong and doesn't matter in the end as noone here makes any decisions about it or really knows what they are talking about. (Unless one of you happens to be a marketing executive or a chrysler executive making marketing decisions, then by all means carry on.)

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JRS200x said:
I think it simply had more to do with the fact that touting a victory in a sport that you just pretty publicly had a somewhat ugly divorce from is probably not the smartest use of your money.
That is the job of a good marketing department...to figure out how to capitalize upon achievements. Toyota did nothing, but still managed to milk 100 yards of towing a Space Shuttle for over two months.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
JRS200x said:
I think it simply had more to do with the fact that touting a victory in a sport that you just pretty publicly had a somewhat ugly divorce from is probably not the smartest use of your money. Plus, the fact that for a month or so after the win, Kelowski's face and his cars face were plastered all over TV and the papers was most likely enough advertisment.

Anyhow, it is what it is, and really any argument about it is pointless as there is no right or wrong and doesn't matter in the end as noone here makes any decisions about it or really knows what they are talking about. (Unless one of you happens to be a marketing executive or a chrysler executive making marketing decisions, then by all means carry on.)
What about the Cup car had anything to do with any Mopar product? Did it look like a Charger or have a hemi?

I agree that it much better spending money on well place commercial in highly rated programing that actually feature the product. Racing has a place but needs to have some product relevance.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
TripleT said:
What about the Cup car had anything to do with any Mopar product? Did it look like a Charger or have a hemi?

I agree that it much better spending money on well place commercial in highly rated programing that actually feature the product. Racing has a place but needs to have some product relevance.
Racing (specifically NASCAR) and this specific commercial have nothing to do with one another.

Mike

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mike V. said:
Racing (specifically NASCAR) and this specific commercial have nothing to do with one another.

Mike
Agreed, other than there both intended to support sales.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts