Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jeep has announced fairly aggressive initial pricing on the base 2014 Jeep Cherokee, with the base front wheel drive, four cylinder car going for just under $23,000 (in Canada, C$23,495). That includes a nine-speed automatic, five-inch media center, ten airbags, voice command and phone integration, split second row seat with fore/aft movement, and cargo management system; this is the model that can beat 30 mpg highway. The 4x4, at around $25,000, adds the Selec-Terrain traction control system. Moving up to the Latitude changes the equation; Latitude costs buyers another $1,500 and adds bigger, aluminum wheels; body color mirrors and door handles; chrome surrounding the “daylight opening;” privacy glass; fog lamps; fold-flat front passenger seat (with storage); leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls; express front windows; AC outlet; and LED interior lighting. At this level, buyers can also pay more for a two-speed four wheel drive system. Paying another $3,500 lifts..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
77 Posts
At what "price level" can you ad the V6 option, and for how much more?
GW

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Nimbus9 said:
At what "price level" can you ad the V6 option, and for how much more?
GW
full pricing is not yet availble....I would guess that V6 is going to be available on Altitude and above.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh, well.
I think it will be out of my price range when they release Canadian pricing anyways.
They bump up the price and the government kills us in tax.
I guess I'll suffer along with my Liberty gas mileage. ;-0)
GW

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
749 Posts
I expect the first Trailhawks at the dealers most places will have heated leather seats and sunroofs and other such options just to extract the most coins from the affluent for the limited production model.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I'd probably go for a Trailhawk or nothing, though I'd probably paint the hooks a different color. It's a little more expensive in Trailhawk trim than I wish, but it's not absolutely horrible, and it may be cost effective in the used market a few years from now.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
TWX said:
I'd probably go for a Trailhawk or nothing, though I'd probably paint the hooks a different color. It's a little more expensive in Trailhawk trim than I wish, but it's not absolutely horrible, and it may be cost effective in the used market a few years from now.
Honestly I was expecting worse for the Trailhawk.

Mike

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I just remember my parents' strippo SUV, which had a rubber floor, vinyl seats, metal bulkheads for interior walls with vinyl inserts stuck in the holes in the doors, and manual sliding rear windows, and was cheap to buy. Modern vehicles with antilock brakes and traction control alone are more expensive to build, and throw in probably double the engine power, double the fuel economy, massively increase both passive and active safety features (structural design and airbags etc) and it gets much more expensive, not even beginning to look at electronics to improve offroad capability or entertainment center electronics.

I guess all considered, it isn't as bad as one would normally expect. My parents' strippo SUV was still carbureted for crissake, in the second half of the eighties...

·
Registered
106 Posts
The pricing overall isn't bad until the Limited and Trailhawk. I think $2k less would sell them like hotcakes. At the $29+ for the Trailhawk, I suppose you'll have folks happy it is fairly reasonable, but a person walking into a Jeep dealer may jump to a JK I suppose. I hope it does well and thanks for the info!

·
Registered
452 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
I think it is priced perfectly considering that a base Grand Cherokee Laredo starts around 33k......

when equipped similarly the Cherokee is about 8k less that its big brother.
I've always gone for a lesser model stacked over a greater model bare. To build the Grand Cherokee the way I want it would cost 54k....no way around it. To build the Cherokee the way I want it would cost just under 40K....that is stacked with all the options(leather, tow package, cold weather, Nav, Tech group, and comfort/convenience group) except the sun roof or roof slider, which I don't want. It is possible that some of those groups are redundant...that I don't know...for example, maybe the Navigation system is included in the Tech Group, causing me to add the cost twice.

And yes, before anybody asks, there is a site with the breakdown of package costs: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/2014-jeep-cherokee-kl-features-and-pricing-51028.html

At any rate, it is amazing what you can do with the 14k saved.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
edvan said:
Anybody know what interior colors will be available on the Cherokee?
Sport:

BLACK
BLACK/ICELAND GRAY

Latitude

BLACK
BLACK/ICELAND GRAY
BROWN

Limited

BLACK
BLACK/ICELAND GRAY
INDIGO BLUE/ BROWN

Trailhawk

BLACK
BROWN

·
Registered
749 Posts
Since the Korean war automobiles have gone up about an average 5.2 percent per year.
During the same time gasoline prices have gone up about an average 5.6 to 5.8 percent per year.
And in the same time period median wages have gone up about 4.0 percent per year.
Also during that time incomes of the wealthiest two percent have gone up over 6.0 percent per year.
Put those in your computer and compound them for 60 years. It helped me to understand why some market segments are shrinking.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Let alone 15 years ago! :)

Mike

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
tomtex said:
How much will you pay for better fuel mileage?
Ill pay with time as in waiting till 2016 ish when next gen Wrangler has a diesel availible in the US. That way there is no sacrifice in fuel economy, off road capability, or styling.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts