Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Unofficial sources within Chrysler have told Allpar that the 2014 Jeep Cherokee, in Trailhawk form, will have full-strength skid plates and a taller stance for greater ground clearance. The Traihawk has been videotaped in Moab and tested extensively at Chrysler’s off-road courses, which were carefully engineered to match key offroad conditions and are constantly maintained to retain their form. Insiders are enthusiastic about its offroad performance, especially given its origins. Source oh2o also confirmed that the Cherokee would have a fold-flat front passenger seat, to allow for carrying very long objects. In related news, the Jefferson North plant is reportedly running seven days a week to meet demand for Grand Cherokees, after heightened quality standards and issues with the new PowerNet system and other 2014 upgrades resulted in lost output. 2014 Grand Cherokees with Hemi engines and eight-speed automatics have started to appear at dealerships, though full availability is..

View the original, full post

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
dakrt99 said:
The Cherokee Trailhawk sounds promising, right?
No.

It's already been noted where Jeep "drives" their softer Jeeps and its in areas where they already know that less capable vehicles can traverse.
They don't go on the more challenging trails. There are hundreds of miles of trails around Moab, it's easy to traverse many of them in passenger cars and then boast, "I went to Moab".
It's marketing spin, plain and simple.
I'd be wiling to bet Jeep wouldn't let me within 20' of the drivers seat this month at the Easter Jamboree. ;)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
On a bright note I am happy to say that the2014Grand Cherokee launch so far is pretty good. We got another truckload of 14's on Sat and I Have another 16 due to be delivered this week. Now if only they can give us some good lease programs on Tuesday
dakrt99 said:
The Cherokee Trailhawk sounds promising, right?
yes it does.......

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
yes it does.......
A,good salesperson uses the truth, not hype. I know you to be a good salesperson, but you and 200x are going to lose credibility , if you keep harping on its ability, based on PR spin and not the actual facts.
Before you jump into Chrysler's spin hole, you need to be sure the hole has a bottom. ;)
You two can continue the spin and misquotes, I'm going to bow out.
I had too much fun with real Jeeps over the last three days to worry about this fantasy Jeep.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
What model is the one in the middle? Those look like high performance bias wheels and tires??

MoparNorm said:
No.

It's already been noted where Jeep "drives" their softer Jeeps and its in areas where they already know that less capable vehicles can traverse.
They don't go on the more challenging trails. There are hundreds of miles of trails around Moab, it's easy to traverse many of them in passenger cars and then boast, "I went to Moab".
I'd be wiling to bet Jeep wouldn't let me within 20' of the drivers seat this month at the Easter Jamboree. ;)
I know it won't be anywhere near a Wrangler Rubicon, but maybe it will be much more capable than a RAV4 and CR-V.

·
Registered
396 Posts
MoparNorm said:
No.

Hmmm...how can we get you a KL to test out...

Dave??? :)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
On a bright note I am happy to say that the2014Grand Cherokee launch so far is pretty good. We got another truckload of 14's on Sat and I Have another 16 due to be delivered this week. Now if only they can give us some good lease programs on Tuesday
Is there 2 different headlights on the Grand Cherokee? I can see the eagle eye and the rectangular type.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Mopar392 said:
Is there 2 different headlights on the Grand Cherokee? I can see the eagle eye and the rectangular type.
Yup.

There is the original (2009-2013) style plus the new style (on the higher models)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
How much are the diesels going to run for in the states? In Canada the diesel is only available on the top 2 models, excluding SRT8, and comes in @ $62, 000 & $
67, 000. Needless to say, I don't think we'll see a lot up here.

·
Registered
331 Posts
MoparNorm said:
No.

Give it a rest, you act as if it's a first-gen Compass or something...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Yup.

There is the original (2009-2013) style plus the new style (on the higher models)
actually the headlights on the 2014 are completely different from the (2011-2013) Grand Cherokee. if you look closely the lights are smaller and have a chrome surround the edge. There is an option for LED DRLs on the LTD (standard on Overland)

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
JJMPR440+6 said:
Give it a rest, you act as if it's a first-gen Compass or something...
You could always opt not to respond, too. Or ignore Norm. Just saying.

(Not trying to defend either one of you - but none of this makes the moderators job's any easier.)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
You could always opt not to respond, too. Or ignore Norm. Just saying.

(Not trying to defend either one of you - but none of this makes the moderators job's any easier.)
Point taken. Apologies if I was causing trouble.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
actually the headlights on the 2014 are completely different from the (2011-2013) Grand Cherokee. if you look closely the lights are smaller and have a chrome surround the edge. There is an option for LED DRLs on the LTD (standard on Overland)
Thanks, I was actually wondering if they had actually changed the headlights or not for the "lower" models.

The style of the standard headlights is similar to the original headlights

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just came from the chrysler jeep dealer to pick up my plates for my new 200 today. They had a slew of 2014 Grand Cherokees. I loved all the pictures and shots shown at the auto shows, however, the base models look cheap as hell. The culprit are those damn rims. The vehicle only looks good in upper level trim. The rims on most of the grand cherokees at the dealer where these grey painted cheap looking rims, almost as bad as those Patriat steel wheels during the damlier years. I believe the best advertisement a car could have are the ones driving on the road. With that said, these will not wow anyone, simply because they look so dull and blah, makes the cherokee almost look Traverse-like. The limited looks much better with the upgraded wheels. Its a shame because for a measly 100 to 200 more to make a nicer wheel on the base models would make a hell of a difference. A freind came to the dealer with me, and said,,,nice car but looks so bland, but when he saw the limited with the nicer larger rim he actually thought it was a different vehicle and loved it. The same holds true for the Dart, they had a ton of them with hubcaps, the car looks so darn unrefined. Cant figure out why most japanese cars in lower level trims still look refined. I truely believe its the appearance of the wheels. I always feel like chrysler products still in some cars penalize you to a detriment for not spending more. I also believe the Durango suffers from that as well. The affordable versions just lose the appeal with those base level rims. The upgraded rim actually brings you to a Like versus Dislike for the whole car. Its a turnoff and i know it turns off many people, as most people shop looks and price.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Plenty of base and low-level Japanese cars with plain wheel covers around here. And yes, those Patriot base wheels were incredibly ugly.

The base wheels on the '14 GC don't bother me as much as the chrome trim around the windows that looks completely out of place.

·
3,813 Posts
itzahemi said:
Cant figure out why most japanese cars in lower level trims still look refined. I truely believe its the appearance of the wheels.
Huh? Chrysler has some of the better wheel designs in the industry imo. Japenese, Toyota and Honda specifically have awful wheels, even their top trim packages look cheap, and the base ones? Give me a break.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts