Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A source has come in from the cold to tell Allpar that ordering is now open for the Ram 1500 Hemi with the eight-speed automatic, as well as the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Jeep Compass, and 2014 Jeep Patriot. The 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi with eight-speed automatic does not yet have an official gas-mileage estimate; with the six-speed, which is to continue production indefinitely, the truck is rated at 14 mpg city, 20 highway. In contrast, the standard V6 Ram, which comes with the eight-speed, is rated at 17 city, 25 highway; the Aero boosts that to 18/25, identical mileage as Chrysler minivans and the Dodge Journey. (All figures here are two wheel drive.) With the eight-speed, the Ram Hemi is expected to get substantially better gas mileage; the Grand Cherokee went from 13/19 to 15/21 with a moderately different version of the V8 engine, an increase..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wish the Hemi 8 speed would show up on build & price. Is there an upcharge for a 2013 Ram 1500 8 speed over a 2013 Ram 1500 6 speed?
BTW anybody know approximately what if any upcharge their is for the new 3.0 diesel over the 5.7 Hemi on the 2014 GC?

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
Ramfan said:
Wish the Hemi 8 speed would show up on build & price. Is there an upcharge for a 2013 Ram 1500 8 speed over a 2013 Ram 1500 6 speed?
$500 for all trim lines that it is available on.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Id imagine it would be similar to the GC

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. Yea great upgrade over the other transmission for $500. On the mileage thing I see it as a bonus as to why I want this trans over the old trans. Anyway the Ram was rated at 1 mpg city and 1 mpg better highway than the GC before the GC got the 8 speed. If that holds true the Ram would get 16 city 22 Hwy. If so that would be GREAT IMO. In part because it would match the Ecoboost and beat Ford's V8s even the smaller 5.0. In fact it beats everyones V8 pickups and by a fair margin. Whether it pulls off that EPA number or not Great job Ram!

·
Registered
844 Posts
FWIW... from looking at the body builder's guide's chart of weights/payload/towing capacity, at:
http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2013/docs/ram/rammlup1500.pdf

It looks like you need to get at least an SLT to be able to opt for the Hemi/8-speed combination - the only Hemi combinations shown for ST/Tradesman/Express are with the 65RFE.

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
tr4petty said:
The 2014 GCs ready to order and yet I still can't order a 2013 Ram HD?!? What's wrong with this picture?
Banks are open what are you trying to order?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cool. I had not seen that chart yet. Looks like we will in fact be able to get all three axel ratios with the A8 as well, sans the 4.10 in the RT. Having done a gearing comparison of the A8 with 3.21 to the A6 with 4.56s (aftermarket) with the A8 still having the same or lower final drive ratios (and better spreads) thru the first 6 left me thinking their would be little value in keeping the lower ratios. (numerically higher)

Any speculation as to if & when they might announce the addition of the "Ecodiesel" in the Ram?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
ptschett said:
FWIW... from looking at the body builder's guide's chart of weights/payload/towing capacity, at:
http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2013/docs/ram/rammlup1500.pdf

It looks like you need to get at least an SLT to be able to opt for the Hemi/8-speed combination - the only Hemi combinations shown for ST/Tradesman/Express are with the 65RFE.
I caught the same thing (no Tradesman or Express with 8speed).

Does this mean that the upcoming Little Red Express will be 6 speed only or would this package be the only pathway to a 8 speed in an Express package truck? It would be kind of wierd if the Red Express Truck (built upon a performance reputation) to be "slower" than SLT , Bighorn or R/T because an 8 speed is not available...

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Charger Red said:
I caught the same thing (no Tradesman or Express with 8speed).

Does this mean that the upcoming Little Red Express will be 6 speed only or would this package be the only pathway to a 8 speed in an Express package truck? It would be kind of wierd if the Red Express Truck (built upon a performance reputation) to be "slower" than SLT , Bighorn or R/T because an 8 speed is not available...
Lil Red Express=/= Express. Lil Red Express will be based upon the R/T. The Express package is base model only.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought the RAM 1500 diesel would be available for 2014. Was hoping for an announcement at the Detroit show. :(

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Faw said:
I thought the RAM 1500 diesel would be available for 2014. Was hoping for an announcement at the Detroit show. :(
Chicago is the show that Ram typically makes announcements and reveals at

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Not to pick nits, but wasn't the 2013 Grand Cherokee 4WD 5.7 rated at 13/20 not 13/19? That's at least what the fueleconomy.gov figures say.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Moparian said:
Lil Red Express=/= Express. Lil Red Express will be based upon the R/T. The Express package is base model only.
I know that the concept was based on a "Moparized" R/T truck (among other features that are totally unrelated to the anticipated production LRT like stacks, Banks turbo, interior etc... all the little things) I thought the jury was out regarding more specific details on the production package.

So, then, can we atleast be confident that LRT will officially, in fact, be based on the R/T?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Charger Red said:
I know that the concept was based on a "Moparized" R/T truck (among other features that are totally unrelated to the anticipated production LRT like stacks, Banks turbo, interior etc... all the little things) I thought the jury was out regarding more specific details on the production package.

So, then, can we atleast be confident that LRT will officially, in fact, be based on the R/T?
Yes. The Warlock as well.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thanks.

The show LRE also used the bench seat and column shifter (six speed shifter).

Last question... If the produstion LRE is an 8 speed it would then not have a column shifter and would get "the knob" correct?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts