·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Hmmmm.. Lots of new accounts created today. :ninja:

edit: And one has already been shown the door! :lol:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
If you go to WOT.Motortrend, there are a set of '15 Challenger pictures.. Head to pic#17, and you can instantly recognize the rear wheels on the 2 mules are different width..
I think wheel model indicates the engine..

·
Registered
88 Posts
bollockchops said:
your all wrong, in the persuit of fuel economy all SRT products from 2014 on will have the pentastar V6 and a sound recording of a V8.....apparently SRT have given up on trying to compete with the likes of GM and Ford so are going for a cheaper optinon, as most of these cars are used as a posing pouch thats all they are going to need, long live Prius I say!!

Gtfo.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mopar392 said:
If you go to WOT.Motortrend, there are a set of '15 Challenger pictures.. Head to pic#17, and you can instantly recognize the rear wheels on the 2 mules are different width..
I think wheel model indicates the engine..
Now you are catching on :D

·
Premium Member
20,148 Posts
I like the Challenger, but all three need to have their side greenhouse profile to be lowered three inches and lose about 300lbs, the latter to improve the competitiveness with the Camaro and Mustang.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
You can actually see the different tire on picture 30/37 on wot. It is a P-Zero, and is probably the same tire they use on the Grand Cherokee, different aspect ratio I am sure, but I am willing to bet its a 295/35 ZR 20...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
So, assuming that HC Challenger will be revised with respect to ducting/airflow and tires/wheels.. will the rest remain the same (Daimler dash and "porkiness")? As this might be the last year for this configuration, are the shots we're seeing going to be close to the final product or are they merely mules with correct runing gear?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
These are just mules..
The interior will be completely overhauled..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The reason that I'm asking on the level of refinement is that I think that this might be a good indicator for whether the Challenger will continue.

Theory: Major refiniments (refresh) is an indicator on continuity whereas minor upgrades might just serve as a placeholder until the replacements come on-line.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Consider this Challenger refresh, or what Dodge at least call it, as Ram 1500 2013 refresh.. Completely re-engineered yet isn't considered a new generation.

The next trio Charger/300/Challenger and their nature, depends on the next Full-Size platform..

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mopar392 said:
These are just mules..
The interior will be completely overhauled..
Correct.

Rumor even has it that the HC cars are on the new chassis already....

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I wouldn't think so..

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
HC cars are most likely for 15 MY... new chassis was supposed to arrive about then...

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
the fenders would have to be changed considering the new suspension layout and wider track..

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
How much wider is the track?

If you study the spy pics, especially ones where the car with the unique wheels is in comparison with a regular SRT wheeled car, you can see that the front track is indeed about 2" wider, assuming that the front wheel offset is the same, which at this point there is no reason not to think that it is.

That could easily be a Challenger body sitting on a new chassis...

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Mopar392 said:
Consider this Challenger refresh, or what Dodge at least call it, as Ram 1500 2013 refresh.. Completely re-engineered yet isn't considered a new generation.
Or, in Toyonda-speak... "all-new". :p

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Danno said:
How much wider is the track?

If you study the spy pics, especially ones where the car with the unique wheels is in comparison with a regular SRT wheeled car, you can see that the front track is indeed about 2" wider, assuming that the front wheel offset is the same, which at this point there is no reason not to think that it is.

That could easily be a Challenger body sitting on a new chassis...
You might be right, but it also could be because of the wider tires..

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mopar392 said:
You might be right, but it also could be because of the wider tires..
As far as I know, the rears are the only thing getting wider, the fronts are staying the same width... in fact I was very specific about that question when I got the info.

·
Registered
253 Posts
So the grilles and headlamps on the Hellcat will be staying very Challenger-like, not going to smaller inner lights as seem in earlier spy shots?

21 - 40 of 262 Posts