Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

KGP just shot what we believe to be the 2015 Chrysler 200 interior, fresh off Allpar’s first photos of the 200’s exterior; a car that was kept under wraps most successfully has been exposed quite a bit over the last week. The cabin has a fresh take on the center stack, with a separate, angled collection of buttons and switches sitting below the LCD screen (the smaller one appears to be installed in this car, but the 8.4” version is expected to be optional). As Allpar sources predicted, the traditional gearshift in the Cherokee and the annoying electronic shifter in the 300/Charger/Grand Cherokee have both been ejected in favor of a Ram-like knob. The pictured car, which does not have paddle shifters, includes a low-gear knob position as well as Park, Reverse, Neutral, and Drive. Glenn Paulina of KGP wrote, “We think we noticed a hint of LED lighting..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
The KNOB(tm)!!!!!!

I like it so far!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I like what I'm seeing so far...

Edit: The screen isn't the 8.4 Uconnect2.. It seems to be the regular one, hinting at a lower trim model..

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Mopar392 said:
I like what I'm seeing so far...

Edit: The screen isn't the 8.4 Uconnect2.. It seems to be the regular one, hinting at a lower trim model..
Yeah looks like the 5" radio. BUT, the vehicle still has the auto parking, etc buttons below the screen...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Holy crap that console is awesome! Love the design so far!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Yeah looks like the 5" radio. BUT, the vehicle still has the auto parking, etc buttons below the screen...
And this is something I wouldn't understand with packaging.. Auto Parking but a regular screen :closedeyes:

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Mopar392 said:
And this is something I wouldn't understand with packaging.. Auto Parking but a regular screen :closedeyes:
It's a mule. It could have a mix of parts for testing.

Mike

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Mopar392 said:
The elderly love auto parking, but do not go for Bluetooth phones and GPS navigation.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
The elderly love auto parking, but do not go for Bluetooth phones and GPS navigation.
I believe this, but I have actually never seen anyone use auto parking.

Mike
I like the dash, but to me it looks like they took the piano black section from a Dart and then sat a radio/AC vent pod on top of it.

Probably the quality of the picture. I know they didn't really. I hope this makes sense

Mike

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Mike V. said:
It's a mule. It could have a mix of parts for testing.

Mike
The interior looks production ready to be a mule for testing parts..
Keeping in mind, the auto park involves software changes..

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Nice very upscale European... if you like that sort of thing

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Mike V. said:

Mike
I like the dash, but to me it looks like they took the piano black section from a Dart and then sat a radio/AC vent pod on top of it.

Probably the quality of the picture. I know they didn't really. I hope this makes sense

Mike
actually, i see that now. It DOES look like it's just stacked ontop of the island bezel in the Dart. o_O

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Mike V. said:

Mike

Mike
As I do not live in a High Urban area, it is never needed, so me either.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
To me it looks like the serious workplace of a semi truck with the layout of these controls :) Not saying that is a bad thing... For sure an interesting design. Can't wait to sit in one...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I like it! The knob and electric parking brake, nice touch. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Seriously so far not one complaint about interior design the new 200 could be a blockbuster!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Mopar392 said:
The interior looks production ready to be a mule for testing parts..
Keeping in mind, the auto park involves software changes..
Umm until job one is to build cars to be sold at dealerships, they are all preproduction mules.

Mike
Jeepnut said:
Seriously so far not one complaint about interior design the new 200 could be a blockbuster!
I had a complaint.

Mike
suzq044 said:
actually, i see that now. It DOES look like it's just stacked ontop of the island bezel in the Dart. o_O
Right!?!?!

Mike

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Mike V. said:

Right!?!?!

Mike
I'm pretty sure this is a mule; and probably a little farther from production design than we think. Even the cluster looks a bit off; like it's too big for the "dart" dash.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts