Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The American Customer Satisfaction Index, a joint product of several organizations including the American Society for Quality, reported that customer satisfaction with cars has hit a high point since the survey began in 1994. Overall satisfaction with autos was measured at 83 for 2012, with Lincoln beating Lexus at the top at 90 vs 89; Buick and Subaru tied for #3 at 87. The highest rating of any Chrysler brand was for Jeep, at 83, up five points from 2011. 2012 % Change 2012 % Change Total Autos 84 1.2 Chevrolet 84 2.4 Lincoln 90 4.7 Nissan 83 -1.2 Lexus 89 2.3 Jeep 83 5.1 Buick 87 2.4 Honda 83 -2.4 Subaru 87 N/A Ford 83 -1.2 Cadillac 86 -1.1 Kia 82 1.2 BMW 86 3.6 Mazda 82 3.8 Hyundai 85 2.4 All Others 82 1.2 Volkswagen 85 1.2 Dodge 81 2.5 Mercedes-Benz 85 -1.2 GMC 80 -3.6 Toyota 85..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have alway been happy with the mopars i have owned, most have had 200,000+. i am disappointed with my 2007 grand caravan, it's not as good as my 91 caravan w/3.0 and the fuel mileage is god awfull!! the new dart looks promising though!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Not really sure what to think of this satisfaction rating, with Toyota scoring so high. I know many a Toyota owner, especially in the last few years who suffer "buyer's remorse."

I've owned all of the "big 3" (if we can still call them that) and had the least satisfaction with GM. Loved the one Ford I owned ('72 Torino) although it rusted through in four years (common issue at the time with all cars, believe it or not). Then owned nothing but Chrysler products.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
i have alway been happy with the mopars i have owned, most have had 200,000+. i am disappointed with my 2007 grand caravan, it's not as good as my 91 caravan w/3.0 and the fuel mileage is god awfull!! the new dart looks promising though!!
Out of our 8 minivans, only the '04 was a problem. The '07 was problem free. The '11 has had a couple minor issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As for "loyalty", it might be best to track the vehicle being traded-in on the new vehicle. If they traded-in a Dodge for a new Dodge, that would score for "loyalty", I suspect. If they traded-in a Ford, that would become a "conquest sale". Dealerships' "customer retention" can also be tracked, which can be a good indicator of whether the dealer's keeping customers satisfied "over time".

I believe Strategic Vision has a Owner Enthusiasm segment in their surveys. Seems like I recall hearing that many Chrysler products scored very well in that! That doesn't necessarily mean they had no reliability issues, but that the owners really like their vehicles . . . all things considered. Then, if the dealer does their things right in taking care of any problems with the vehicle, there's a good probability they'll return to that dealer for their next vehicle.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

1 - 6 of 6 Posts