Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Note that if 2016 refers to model year, that could debut in Q1 of 2015 - a mere 2 years away.

The bigger question is "do you want them to do it half-assed just to satisfy your impatience, only to have you complain when it's not up to snuff? Or do you let them take their time, do it right, and blow you (and the competition) away with the final result?"

The timing would appear to coincide with an expected Dart mid-cycle-refresh, and likely with production of the 9-speed in full swing. (Not that they are using the 9-speed in the SRT...or are they?)

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
And the Alfa Alphabet Soup is "UL, UT, BA, & PA" Some One Else Can Decode It I CAN'T.
Interesting.

The last info I had showed:
UL = old code for the KL Liberty replacement (Cherokee)
UT = Dodge mid-size (possible Journey replacement)

PA might be the next Giulietta (based upon the Dart being PF.)

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
MoparNorm said:
It took the 500 nearly two years to reach and stay above 3,000 units per month.
One year. US sales started in March 2011. US monthly sales have been above 3000 units consistently since February 2012.

MoparNorm said:
Liberkee(r) shows no promise of doing better.
Based upon...what, exactly? Cant really base it upon Dart sales just because they share a basic platform - it's two different vehicles and two different markets.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Based upon its usefulness as a Jeep. It will sell to the 2WD CUV buyer, maybe, but it's lack of cargo room is going to hurt it overall in its appeal to many folks.
Again, it's my opinion and you're welcome to join the sales pool. ;)
I'm patiently waiting for actual numbers to determine if there even IS a lack of cargo room in the new Cherokee.

XJ Cherokee had 32.9 cuft of cargo space.
KJ Liberty had 29.0 cuft of cargo space.
KK Liberty had 26.1 cuft of cargo space.
13 Escape has 37.2 cuft of cargo space.
13 CR-V has 32.7 cuft of cargo space.

Safe to say that a cargo space of 32 cuft or greater is acceptable?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
marlon_jbt said:
Useful cargo space, is anything from the cargo floor up to the bottom edge of the rear windows.
I beg to differ. Useful space is from load floor to ceiling, and using side mirrors as needed. ;)

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Understood - consumers comparing by the numbers alone without actually looking at or attempting to use the space may find themselves rudely awakened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts