Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Kyle said:
Wow the change in FIAT-architecture vehicles in Chrysler is dramatic. They're almost all gone! Weren't some just months from being revealed? That's quite a shift in strategy. You can also see that the dramatic styling/changes to Chrysler have resulted in a much longer outlook for a badly needed expanded line-up. My guess is the CY2014 spot holds a refreshed 300 and all-new 200.

2015 looks like a 2011 moment for Chrysler, with a wave of new vehicles wearing the new design language coming to market at once.

And it looks like we still have a few surprises yet in 2013. Cherokee, Promaster, Durango, & Alfa's hello to the market.
I think the new strategy is to have Fiat handle the B cars. I wonder if we are going to see the SRT4 again.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
lvelleq (o)llllll(o) said:
I agree with Dr. Jeep on his assessment.

As for the platform sharing, please note the change in nomenclature between 2009 and 2013 plans. The 2009 plan indicated Fiat-based vehicles, i.e. on Fiat platforms like CUSW. The 2013 plan indicates Fiat-produced vehicles, i.e., built by Fiat, presumably in Europe, for North America.
Yes, there are FOUR new Fiats coming in 2015. Maybe that is the result of Italy and Europe collapsing. They need to utilize that capacity. That is a major break from the original plan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts