Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Orbit Orange said:
Somebody decode these hieroglyphics for me. Where would the Barracuda fit in? Thanks.
Moparian said:
could be 2016 under SRT
Yikes, either 2016 for the barracuda, or the SRT Dart. Or there's no SRT Dart, or no SRT Cuda. Take your pick. Both of those stink!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
TheCarLiker said:
They take entirely to long to make their cars it aint funny, 2016 for a SRT Dart is ridiclous.
??

I suppose you have a few billion in spare change laying around to get this ball rolling then?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm curious about the 2014 "Refresh" for 300/Charger/Challenger. Are they counting the Hemi/8-Speed addition as a "Refresh" or are there more changes coming in 2014 for the Fun Triplets?

Would be nice to see an update to the Challenger Interior...and allow it to have the 8.4 in the dash.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Note that if 2016 refers to model year, that could debut in Q1 of 2015 - a mere 2 years away.

The bigger question is "do you want them to do it half-assed just to satisfy your impatience, only to have you complain when it's not up to snuff? Or do you let them take their time, do it right, and blow you (and the competition) away with the final result?"

The timing would appear to coincide with an expected Dart mid-cycle-refresh, and likely with production of the 9-speed in full swing. (Not that they are using the 9-speed in the SRT...or are they?)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Note that if 2016 refers to model year, that could debut in Q1 of 2015 - a mere 2 years away.

The bigger question is "do you want them to do it half-assed just to satisfy your impatience, only to have you complain when it's not up to snuff? Or do you let them take their time, do it right, and blow you (and the competition) away with the final result?"

The timing would appear to coincide with an expected Dart mid-cycle-refresh, and likely with production of the 9-speed in full swing. (Not that they are using the 9-speed in the SRT...or are they?)
I absolutely agree, I don't want to see them half-assed. I am just commenting that it is pretty lousy as a huge Chrysler fan & "Cheerleader" to see that there will be either no Cuda or no Dart SRT (likely the Cuda won't exist), and it will take at least 2 years to see a Dart SRT.

Sure, if it's an AWD turbo 4 (or even turbo 6) pavement muncher then it will be absolutely worth the wait for many - but also, I know of a few people that will choose another vehicle if it takes that long to launch (including current Caliber SRT owners). Like an STi or an Evo or a used M3/M5.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Already the media trolls are slamming the plan....

"None of those brand pipelines is likely to be enough to allow Chrysler to hold on this year to the market share it gained over the last two years. And so as usual, Chrysler’s future is iffy again."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss/2013/01/30/chryslers-profits-balloon-but-new-product-plans-shrivel/2/

I guess a new 200 that could potentially be Chrysler's passenger car volume leader and the new Cherokee that could potentially equal the Grand Cherokee in sales is not enough this year :angry2:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
1969 300 said:
Already the media trolls are slamming the plan....

"None of those brand pipelines is likely to be enough to allow Chrysler to hold on this year to the market share it gained over the last two years. And so as usual, Chrysler’s future is iffy again."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss/2013/01/30/chryslers-profits-balloon-but-new-product-plans-shrivel/2/

I guess a new 200 that could potentially be Chrysler's passenger car volume leader and the new Cherokee that could potentially equal the Grand Cherokee in sales is not enough this year :angry2:
Don't forget about the 300/Charger/Challenger refresh. Maybe they can break 300K out of Brampton.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,406 Posts
Other Than the New T-Town Cherokee V-1 Day is the Middle of May I Have NO Clue on the New 5-Year Plan.

And the Alfa Alphabet Soup is "UL, UT, BA, & PA" Some One Else Can Decode It I CAN'T.

As Far As Forbes Goes in the Famous Words of Richard Pryor "Suck What"!

TMD

·
Registered
243 Posts
Kyle said:
Wow the change in FIAT-architecture vehicles in Chrysler is dramatic. They're almost all gone! Weren't some just months from being revealed? That's quite a shift in strategy.
No actually if you read better the different color doesn't refer to the architecture (I think the very large majority of the future vehicles you see in the chart will be based on a Fiat architecture), it actually refers to the production site. White is in Europe, dark is in NAFTA.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,976 Posts
The fault some are going to find with the plan is that Chrysler was being criticized (before Fiat) for having no decent small car and nothing in the pipeline, and though I think the Dart is a great car myself, it's not really "small", and there doesn't seem to be anything any smaller coming now for the Chrysler brands with the odd exception of Jeep.

But looking at it from Marchionne's point of view, it may make more sense for Fiat - a new (to most living Americans) brand with no "baggage" to be the small car brand, and for the existing Chrysler brands to do what they have always done better, concentrate on larger sedans and coupes, minivans, trucks, and SUV's.

Ram and Jeep have huge momentum right now. The trucks were just revamped and are getting great reviews, nothing seems to be slowing down Wrangler sales, and Grand Cherokee will get another boost from it's refresh soon. Cherokee is beginning to look very promising. Minivans will likely stay right where they are or possibly dip just a bit as their replacement nears. So right there you have most of Chrysler's volume, all of which is on an upswing as of the end of 2012. So it seems foolish to say the sales growth will just stop (as Forbes thinks).

·
Registered
243 Posts
MoparNorm said:
*By pushback, the Plan still shows a boatload (or container ship) full of imported products for 2015 and 2016, stacked up and ready to come.
That likely is more a reflection of problems in Europe than demand in the US.
Actually it is a reflection of the fact that Fiat needs to expand its lineup in NA and so does Alfa Romeo (well AR has to debut yet in NA). Fiats and Alfas are produced in Europe because that's where they sell the most.

It's as simple as that, if I were to believe that Marchionne is going to build all those cars knowing that he will lose a lot of money I'd have to conclude that the future of Chrysler is in serious danger and that he's a terrible manager.

P.S= Abarths are considered on their own in the chart, so I guess when you see 6 cars in 2015 it possibly means 3 Fiats and 3 correspondent Abarths.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
jazz77 said:
Actually it is a reflection of the fact that Fiat needs to expand its lineup in NA and so does Alfa Romeo (well AR has to debut yet in NA). Fiats and Alfas are produced in Europe because that's where they sell the most.
And thus my point, sales in Europe are still plunging downward and sales of Fiats in the US, although weak, could end up supporting the factories and workers in Italy.
It not that it's a brilliant strategy, it's simply the best one left available.
And many models do not automatically translate into " all those cars". They may be less than 10,000 units per year, each, unless they start selling.
It took the 500 nearly two years to reach and stay above 3,000 units per month.
Regardless, we won't know for sure, until several more years.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
Other Than the New T-Town Cherokee V-1 Day is the Middle of May I Have NO Clue on the New 5-Year Plan.

And the Alfa Alphabet Soup is "UL, UT, BA, & PA" Some One Else Can Decode It I CAN'T.

As Far As Forbes Goes in the Famous Words of Richard Pryor "Suck What"!

TMD
According to the master body code list in 'chrysler chat' from oh2o, UL was old code for Liberkee, UT was Avenger replacement. Most U codes were D-USW platform siblings. P codes are C-USW's. B code--no idea. Possibly SUSW/SCSS things, such as next gen MiTo, and 500L, 500X, Jeep Bseg.
My guess is PA is Alfa C-cuv, BA is Jeep B-segment. But that's a stab in the dark.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
Interesting.

The last info I had showed:
UL = old code for the KL Liberty replacement (Cherokee)
UT = Dodge mid-size (possible Journey replacement)

PA might be the next Giulietta (based upon the Dart being PF.)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I wonder how much does the UAW holding out on selling its remaining stake in Veba to Fiat plays out. I was always under the impression that certain Fiat Group models were to be built in US plants. I do not see that here.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Despite the omission of the Dart SRT in this presentation, I find it hard to believe that it won't make it to the market by 2014 latest. I would say it is quite a priority for the range and probably not too hard to bring to market considering (most of) the rest of the range is already on sale. Could it be absent here as it's already signed off?

·
Registered
243 Posts
MoparNorm said:
And thus my point, sales in Europe are still plunging downward and sales of Fiats in the US, although weak, could end up supporting the factories and workers in Italy.
It not that it's a brilliant strategy, it's simply the best one left available.
And many models do not automatically translate into " all those cars". They may be less than 10,000 units per year, each, unless they start selling.
It took the 500 nearly two years to reach and stay above 3,000 units per month.
Regardless, we won't know for sure, until several more years.
My point is that if you make money with this "only one left available" strategy then it is actually a brilliant strategy. He does it for the workers in Italy? Whichever is the reason if you end up making money you are doing it primarily for the company.

Plus I don't get your point on the 500. It only sold 45k in US? We are talking about a very small segment in terms of sales and it still manages to top it and compete with Mini after just 2 years of its debut. It should be taken as sign of hope for the bigger cars coming, not the opposite.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.