Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Allpar announced the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition last week, but now has a price as well: $35,695. The 2014 minivan includes suede-and-Nappa-leather seats in all rows, glossy black steering wheel bezels and interior trim, third-row power folding seats, power folding mirrors, “granite crystal” paint with polished black-pocket wheels, Super Center Console, and logos in the gauge cluster, radio splash screen, and key fob.  The Driver’s Convenience Group is also standard, bringing heated first- and second-row seating, a heated steering wheel, adjustable pedals, keyless entry/starter, and bright door handles. Finally, the 30th Anniversary minivans have third-row power folding seats, power mirrors (US only), and 30th-anniversary stereo splash screens, badges, and key fobs. Chrysler claims a better deal than Toyota or Honda. The Toyota Sienna XLE with DVD runs $35,329, but Chrysler has remote start, stowing roof-rack cross-bars, rear heated seats, folding rear seats, “keyless go,” rear parking sensors, blind spot..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Toyota does have a sunroof and eight-person capacity Chrysler does not.
Just out of curiosity, the T&C in the image, the Anniversary Edition, has a sunroof. I'm curious if the comparison is including the sunroof & 8-person capacity, or just the 8-person capacity

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
Well Chrysler doesn't have 8 person capacity. And I mean period. Currently, you can not buy a single new Chrysler offering that can seat more than 7 people in any way shape or form. This actually bothers me.. Can you tell?

I would like to see them offer a seating OPTION for the minivans for a middle row bench for 8 seats. I know for a fact, that Chrysler's lack of such an option does cost it some sales. I really feel like they ought to. But hey, rumors have it that Sergio aims to decrease variety, not increase, so I doubt he'll be seeing to bringing forth such a thing.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Yeah I think an 8-passenger wouldn't be a bad thing to add.

Friends of mine that are looking for a vehicle now that they have 3 children (2 newborn twins) and the 3-across in the middle row is an advantage to them.

T

·
0 Posts
I was really shocked to see how poorly the T/C does in the upper end of the segment. They should dominate that segment. If they wouldn't have spent years chasing lost Plymouth sales and left that up to Dodge and put the T/C where it belongs which is the very top of the heap. The anniversary edition should've been the new models like they were in 84, oh well. Honda has a new built in vac. system now. I hope they have finally made up their mind what van stays and then make it right top to bottom, entry to luxury. IMHO they should've made the new van first, as it is much more important to the company then the sedan. Oh well!

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Trailduster45 said:
I was really shocked to see how poorly the T/C does in the upper end of the segment. They should dominate that segment. If they wouldn't have spent years chasing lost Plymouth sales and left that up to Dodge and put the T/C where it belongs which is the very top of the heap. The anniversary edition should've been the new models like they were in 84, oh well. Honda has a new built in vac. system now. I hope they have finally made up their mind what van stays and then make it right top to bottom, entry to luxury. IMHO they should've made the new van first, as it is much more important to the company then the sedan. Oh well!
Agreed! Was a real surprise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts