Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Allpar announced the 2014 Chrysler Town & Country 30th Anniversary Edition last week, but now has a price as well: $35,695. The 2014 minivan includes suede-and-Nappa-leather seats in all rows, glossy black steering wheel bezels and interior trim, third-row power folding seats, power folding mirrors, “granite crystal” paint with polished black-pocket wheels, Super Center Console, and logos in the gauge cluster, radio splash screen, and key fob.  The Driver’s Convenience Group is also standard, bringing heated first- and second-row seating, a heated steering wheel, adjustable pedals, keyless entry/starter, and bright door handles. Finally, the 30th Anniversary minivans have third-row power folding seats, power mirrors (US only), and 30th-anniversary stereo splash screens, badges, and key fobs. Chrysler claims a better deal than Toyota or Honda. The Toyota Sienna XLE with DVD runs $35,329, but Chrysler has remote start, stowing roof-rack cross-bars, rear heated seats, folding rear seats, “keyless go,” rear parking sensors, blind spot..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
11 Posts
I owned a 2006 Town and Country until I traded it for a 2012 Journey SXT. The T&C was a good practical vehicle for sure. I don't quite get the 30th anniversary bit. Are their a lot of Minivan collectors out there waiting to pay up for up a fancy 30th anniversary edition for their personal minivan collection? I think a few speeches along with an employee BBQ at the minivan plant would cover this milestone pretty well. An expensive loaded 30th anniversary van seems like dumb idea and will likely be a big yawn for the general public. A better idea would have been an improved sleeker exterior redesign backed up with better brake life and heavy duty tie rod ends and better rustproofing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree, more styling would help justify $35,000 for a minivan. I for one have a love-hate relationship with our Town and Country. Its very spacious and plush, great for trips. But the drivetrain could use more refinement in my opinion. I have a 2012 Journey as well as a 2013 T&C. Both have the Pentastar and both sound horrible when you crank them in the mornings. Lots of moaning and groaning til they warm up. Brakes are another thing that concerns me as our T&C has only 3300 miles so far and the brakes are already squeaking. The Journey seems to be more refined to me, despite some of the critics harsh complaints about the Journey.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Dave,
I currently have 3300 miles on our T&C and haven't changed the oil yet. We have only had it a few months. I have a few free oil changes and they wont change them until 5000 miles. I bought our Journey last August and I changed it at 1500 miles. I used Pennzoil 5w20 full synthetic. I assumed that changing it early would be good for break in. But the dealer I work with tells me this is not necessary and has no benefits. I really take everything they say with a grain of salt but I will go and get my free oil changes at least. Both the Journey and T&C sound exactly the same when I crank them in the morning. Almost like a droaning sound.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can almost buy two American Value Grand Caravans for that kind of money. Or get one minivan and one Avenger/200/Caliber/somethingelsewithbettermileageforcommuting. A $36K minivan doesn't make sense to me. $36K is when I start thinking about a loaded Durango or a 300C or a Charger R/T...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts