Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fresh from collecting the lion's share of awards from the Texas Auto Writers Association's 2013 Spring Auto Roundup, Chrysler Group reported its 37th month of year-over-year sales improvements. While Chrysler had the smallest sales growth of the Detroit Three automakers, it easily maintained its fourth-place standing in the automaker ranks. Chrysler's market share rose to 12.2% from 11.9% as the hometown gang came close to taking half the market, something we haven't seen in a while. Chrysler, Ford and GM added 2.1 points to their aggregate share to claim 47.2% of the pie. The Ram brand had an outstanding month. With sales leaping 48.7%, Ram pickups posted the highest improvement of any full-size truck in a month when full-size truck sales surged 27.0%, triple the  8.5% growth of the total light vehicle market. The Ram moved up to No. 5 in the overall rankings for the month. Even while..

View the original, full post

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
Chrysler Group stumbled again in the minivan market. The Honda Odyssey took the top spot for April, 608 sales ahead of the Chrysler Town & Country. The Toyota Sienna beat the Dodge Grand Caravan by 165 sales to take third. For the first four months of 2013, The Sienna has the lead, followed by the Odyssey, which is just 76 sales ahead of the Town & Country. The Grand Caravan which was far ahead of the competition in April of 2012, is pulling up the rear this year, over a thousand sales behind the Town & Country.
From the above article.

Since the Caravan and T&C are essentially the same animal; that platform/body still is the #1 selling minivan by far. :)

Reactions: dfarc

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Bearhawke said:
From the above article. [/size]

Since the Caravan and T&C are essentially the same animal; that platform/body still is the #1 selling minivan by far. :)[/size]
Yeah, I don't get the angst by management over that, the Platform is; one hundred thousand sales ahead of the competition.
It's silly to dump one just to gain a sales title while giving up 50-75,000 sales to do so.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Maybe this constant which one is going to be killed off talk is actually hurting sales of the current minivans?

That, and they are the oldest ones on the market right now.

·
3,813 Posts
It is at least starting to trickle down to the normal folk. I am having more customers coming in and saying things like "We hear they are cancelling the Caravan/Town&Country" etc.

I do actually believe that the TALK about it is starting to hurt sales.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
JRS200x said:
It is at least starting to trickle down to the normal folk. I am having more customers coming in and saying things like "We hear they are cancelling the Caravan/Town&Country" etc.

I do actually believe that the TALK about it is starting to hurt sales.
And that ain't good.
(Chrysler's always 'shooting itself in the foot')

1 - 6 of 6 Posts