Allpar Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1124 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
humdrum said:
I was just using Norm's figures as he quoted them.
Uh no, ...I was using hypothetical costs, I did not mention sales numbers.
A business, as Bob pointed out, cannot continue to have higher overhead than profit, it's how we got to this point to begin with. It's why Fiat Europe is in trouble and I question why we would want to duplicate the same mistakes here.
Looking at Fiat plants and platforms in Europe it's like they are playing musical,chairs with their plants. It's not a prudent way to conduct business. It may eventually be the right moves, but if so, why weren't they smart enough to do it right the first time?

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
humdrum said:
I was just using Norm's figures as he quoted them. As cdsalespro just asserted they are on their way to approx. 170K in sales for this year.

I am sure their accountants have worked these figures and have accounted for all of the variables that factor into this pot.

But I disagree with just hanging some numbers out there, and leaving an impression that isn't necessarily the case. The case for the KL has its sales speak for itself, if you are willing to dig a little deeper and do the math. The numbers don't lie.

All done, I've said my piece.
The Cherokee has been on sale for about six to seven months. You are missing so many things in your calculation. It takes YEARS for the numbers to play out.

Anything else is assumption. They are still far away from the sales target for the Cherokee.

Mike

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
From outside one knows only very few data, so it is difficult to understand strategy, platform allocation, R&D, ... Someone here knows what it is the break even point for Jeep Cherokee KL, projected sales, product development, ... ? With that data one could better understand, otherwise all are speculations, more or less valid, but only speculations.

Jeep Renegade / Fiat 500X assembly line seems started to produce pre-series test vehicles, there are photos of test cars in many different colors.
http://www.seairlandshots.com/?portfolio=jeep-renegadefiat-500x

Some union's managers declared that a first Fiat 500X was assembled about 10 days ago for assembly line verification (it is not a car for road tests) and they added that car will be on sale in summer.
Yesterday I was at a Jeep dealer here in Italy (there was a two days Jeep Cherokee launch) and the shop owner took from a closed cabinet a Jeep Renegade brochure that for now they should not distribuite (few pages with few data inside), so dealers received already some material.
At launch there will be 11 colors, of which two blacks "solid black" and "carbon black metallic".

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
I like the Renegade much better than KL. I am hoping the Compatriot is a further evolution in their attempt to make a street car into a Jeep.

·
Registered
13,674 Posts
Cherokee plays in a segment where the top sellers exceed 20.000 units per month, regularly.

Will it do better than KJ? We will see as Allpar is tracking that.

But, just marginally exceeding KJ is not enough.....the segment that KL plays within has grown dramatically since the days of the KJ.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
JRS200x said:
Correct, the Cherokee is currently running with minimal incentives and is selling out...
What do you mean by selling out? It must be regional because there are 1248 Cherokee's on lots within 200 miles from me.

Mike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Mike V. said:
What do you mean by selling out? It must be regional because there are 1248 Cherokee's on lots within 200 miles from me.

Mike
Does this number include units "in transit"?

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
sebring96hbg said:
Does this number include units "in transit"?
Honestly, I don't know. I just pulled the number off the vehicle locator on the Jeep website. It probably does. I know my local Jeep dealer has 55 sitting on the lot, 3 are Trailhawks, 30 Latitude, 12 Limited, and 10 Sport models.

Mike

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
JRS200x said:
And those 1248 Cherokee's are will turn over very quickly... it is one of the fastest moving vehicles in inventory atm.
Interesting, they must get shipments regularly because, purely observation, they don't seem to turnover that fast.

I know the Limiteds and especially the Trailhawks move quickly. The lower models not so much.

Mike

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Pretty sure it updates every morning.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Mike V. said:

Mike
The website shows 24,695 Cherokees in stock accross the country. That's only ~45-50 Days of supply. I could easily see dealers running out of vehicles.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
AutoTechnician said:
The website shows 24,695 Cherokees in stock accross the country. That's only ~45-50 Days of supply. I could easily see dealers running out of vehicles.
Oh, I'm not arguing the fact... Just stating that I did not realized they were actually selling out because there seemed to be so many out there on lots.

Mike

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Parting words... the only way to sell out would be if a supplier stopped making parts...

Demand is keeping the supply chain jumping which is good. People have different tastes and desires. Not bad or good just different

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,050 Posts
Looks bigger than the focus to the left (if it's not a ka)

Dunno what they're hiding tho. It isn't much. Lol

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
suzq044 said:
Looks bigger than the focus to the left (if it's not a ka)

Its not a KA your right its a 1st gen Focus 4 door hatchback.

1021 - 1040 of 1124 Posts