Allpar Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Just a little info for you guys.

I know for a fact that the KL is already in the Avis and Enterprise fleets....

So there are some that are being sold as fleet in those totals. I have been selling body parts for them for at least 4 months now.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Danno said:

So there are some that are being sold as fleet in those totals. I have been selling body parts for them for at least 4 months now.
Body parts are already available?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Body parts are already available?
For KL? Yeah, they pretty much have to be when the vehicle gets introduced. Although some things are a PITA to get your hands on, because everything is being used for production.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Danno said:

Yes, Avis had at least one in February when I was in Detroit. I couldn't manage to snag it, though.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Danno said:
For KL? Yeah, they pretty much have to be when the vehicle gets introduced. Although some things are a PITA to get your hands on, because everything is being used for production.
That was the reason for my question, many of the new models (not just KL) are sitting waiting for repair parts.
It's a good problem to have but it's testing some customers.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
MoparNorm said:
That was the reason for my question, many of the new models (not just KL) are sitting waiting for repair parts.
It's a good problem to have but it's testing some customers.
Not just KL.

Most of the Rams, JC has issues, I have had some issues with PF as well.

WK and WD on the other hand, no issues whatsoever...

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Danno said:
Not just KL.

Most of the Rams, JC has issues, I have had some issues with PF as well.

WK and WD on the other hand, no issues whatsoever...
Seen a whole lot of replacement 8 speeds for Rams and Durango's lately... And none said ZF on the side.

Mike

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Danno said:

I've also seen a KL taxi here in SF. The taxi and the rentals I've seen for KL I believe have been Latitude or Sports.

I"m sure KL is being sold somewhat in fleets, just likely not at the level of Escape.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
69DartGTS said:
Man there's alot of hatches over there lol
Well it is Europe :lol:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
JKU12 said:
I've also seen a KL taxi here in SF. The taxi and the rentals I've seen for KL I believe have been Latitude or Sports.

I"m sure KL is being sold somewhat in fleets, just likely not at the level of Escape.
The one I saw at Avis was a lower end model, probably Sport, as I think it had steel wheels, not alloys.

The Escapes I regularly get assigned at Avis are higher end EcoBoost powered AWD, a few being Titanium.

I don't enjoy driving them. They feel agitated on the highway and narrow inside.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
abgwin said:
The one I saw at Avis was a lower end model, probably Sport, as I think it had steel wheels, not alloys.

The Escapes I regularly get assigned at Avis are higher end EcoBoost powered AWD, a few being Titanium.

I don't enjoy driving them. They feel agitated on the highway and narrow inside.
There are a million Escape taxis in SF. I always thought they were god awful.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
abgwin said:

Yep I use Avis locally and almost all of the Fords they have are the Titanium trim. I had a Town and Country a few weeks ago and it was loaded out and a mostly very nice vehicle. I had a KIA optima after that and that dang thing messed up on me three times in one week!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I took my mother to the Albuquerque International Auto Show on Sunday as she was interested in going. Her current vehicle is a 2007 Escape.

She liked the Transit Connect, but hated the Escape. In fact, we almost didn't notice it sitting there in the Ford section.

Her favorite vehicle was the Jeep Cherokee. I have to admit I've begun to like the thing too since first seeing it. She wants it in 2wd, I'd personally go for Trailhawk if I could afford it.

If her Escape goes out she'll probably get a Cherokee. It'll be the first Jeep we've owned since the 1987 XJ we owned till a few years ago, and the first Mopar since my late dad's '70s Dodge truck.

What I'm saying is the new Escape (and Ford not replacing the Ford Ranger) lost us as Ford buyers. Ford may have come back from the brink, and I'm happy for them, but I personally think their lineup has suffered.

Would anybody guess as to whether Jeep will release pricing info at the NY Auto Show, or is it still too early?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
suzq044 said:
When did this become a KL discussion? Lol
We have been trying to get back on track to no avail.

1041 - 1060 of 1124 Posts