Allpar Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think part of the problem is that, without much new information about the Renegade pending, there isn't much to talk about yet.

Plus, the KL is finally getting more noticed and people are changing their minds about it.

Plus, since the KL and BU are "faux Jeeps" they tend perhaps to get lumped together a fair bit.

Can't wait to know more stuff about the little one. I'm excited to see it in person, was very depressed when I realized it wouldn't be at the Albuquerque auto show because it hasn't debuted in North America yet. And even when all the photos of it are shot in Albuquerque!

Jeepnut said:
We have been trying to get back on track to no avail.
Being off track is appropriate for a Jeep discussion anyway. :rimshot:

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
That never happens around here. ;)
It's like herding cats, hey I tried, much of the KL talk came from others, don't know why because Renegade is a completely different and potentially better vehicle, which Management hasn't intended for a mass sales vehicle in the US, I think they forecast 25-30,000 US sales??? It could be more, a lot more, but time will tell.
"Plus, the KL is finally getting more noticed and people are changing their minds about it."

Nah, it's dead to Jeepers, it will be a conquest vehicle and might bleed some from Grand and ComPatriot, but mostly it's going after, Honda, Toyota, KIA and Nissan.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,056 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
suzq044 said:
i just can't stand the lipstick ring.. bugs the crap out of me. lol.. even on the GC. It's just stupid.
LOL!!!
So,... you finally agree with me. ;)

It's all about marketing, shouting "Can you see my 7 slots??? LOOK at me! Im a Jeep!!!"
A monotone, non chromed grill is so much nicer on a Jeep, they did it half right, I'm wondering if the inserts can be removed without messing up the paint???

Reactions: suzq044

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
MoparNorm said:
LOL!!!

It's all about marketing, shouting "Can you see my 7 slots??? LOOK at me! Im a Jeep!!!"
A monotone, non chromed grill is so much nicer on a Jeep, they did it half right, I'm wondering if the inserts can be removed without messing up the paint???
even if they cant be, plastidip is a cheap removable solution :thumbsup:

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,056 Posts
MoparNorm said:
LOL!!!

If i got a renegade; i would plasti-dip it black. First mod. Also; how's Levi doing? lol

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
suzq044 said:
If i got a renegade; i would plasti-dip it black. First mod. Also; how's Levi doing? lol
Stripped down and ready for his close-up, he might end up sitting on a Grand Wagoneer chassis... ;)

Reactions: suzq044

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Mike V. said:
Seen a whole lot of replacement 8 speeds for Rams and Durango's lately... And none said ZF on the side.

Mike
I think we have only done a couple of the 8 speeds so far. That all happens in a building down the block from me, so I dont get the "where it was built" info. But what you are saying makes me cringe inside. Hopefully it was just some early build snafu's that have been worked out.
JKU12 said:
I've also seen a KL taxi here in SF. The taxi and the rentals I've seen for KL I believe have been Latitude or Sports.

I"m sure KL is being sold somewhat in fleets, just likely not at the level of Escape.
All the ones I have done are Latitude's.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Danno said:
I think we have only done a couple of the 8 speeds so far. That all happens in a building down the block from me, so I dont get the "where it was built" info. But what you are saying makes me cringe inside. Hopefully it was just some early build snafu's that have been worked out.
It's been more than a handful. That's all one trans tech friend of mine has done for the last few weeks. :(

Mike

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,156 Posts
leo gali said:
If 100 have been made for testing, it is amazing that with all the phone/camera things around, no pictures have made it to the outside world.
My friend just purchased a 450 mm class drone, perfect for the industrial spy game. Quad helicopter is what its called and requires all the skill gained in racing games, the altitude thing is managed by computer if you need assistance.

1061 - 1080 of 1124 Posts