Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,014 Posts
lol - I was thinking it could be an optional engine for a "barracuda" type vehicle. o_O

Turbo-6 or SC-8

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I was thinking, that it would be a lightweight engine, in a fairly compact package (as compact as a TC-DOHC V6 can get). If I can get a Ford V8 into a Miata in a weekend, then I am sure RG (and Co.) can get a V6 into one in a year or two. Its just a question of is that what they want/will do?

I realize that a Baracuda size car is more likely.

BTW, how big is the Baracuda looking right now?

(please speak in gearhead/crescent wrench terms, and not engineer/slide rule terms. relative comparisons are nice.)

I was thinking a between Camaro and Mustang in most measurements (GVWR, WB, track, length, height, wheel/tire size)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Muther said:
I was thinking, that it would be a lightweight engine, in a fairly compact package (as compact as a TC-DOHC V6 can get). If I can get a Ford V8 into a Miata in a weekend, then I am sure RG (and Co.) can get a V6 into one in a year or two. Its just a question of is that what they want/will do?

I realize that a Baracuda size car is more likely.

BTW, how big is the Baracuda looking right now?

(please speak in gearhead/crescent wrench terms, and not engineer/slide rule terms. relative comparisons are nice.)

I was thinking a between Camaro and Mustang in most measurements (GVWR, WB, track, length, height, wheel/tire size)
Looks like the Challenger will be a 2 door coupe, as it has always been. Barracuda may be a 4 door for all we know, and is supposed to be off the same platform. So look smaller than Challenger but probably a bit bigger than a Camaro or Mustang, but I doubt it will look as big as a Camaro.

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Seagondollar said:
To bring this back, General Motors recently has shown an interest in this field: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/17/gms-reuss-says-rear-wheel-drive-scion-fr-s-rival-on-the-list/
Got to admit I'm intrigued by the Toyota FT86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS, but don't want my money to go to Japan. The Pontiac/Saturn thing the General did a while back was neat, but poor visibility 3/4 and read, and the gas tank ate up the trunk.

I'd love to see a Dodge whatever in this field.
Ralph Gilles did mention those cars in his interview with Autoblog at NAIAS

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Seagondollar said:
To bring this back, General Motors recently has shown an interest in this field: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/17/gms-reuss-says-rear-wheel-drive-scion-fr-s-rival-on-the-list/
Got to admit I'm intrigued by the Toyota FT86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS, but don't want my money to go to Japan. The Pontiac/Saturn thing the General did a while back was neat, but poor visibility 3/4 and read, and the gas tank ate up the trunk.

I'd love to see a Dodge whatever in this field.
Somewhere buried in forums here is a loongg Dodge Razor thread, from about ten years ago. Maybe we need to revive it. Razor or Demon, either works for me.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Any of Demon or Razor concept would be a good candidate to go on the platform shared between Alfa/Mazda as SRT version.
Also, the engine that would be in DSRT might be a good candidate to be power the SRT Coupe..

Just saying..

·
Premium Member
20,096 Posts
I'm all for the Razor. You can't imagine all the people that were standing around the car and making positive comments when she was at the San Diego Auto Show way back when it was making tours.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I've always thought that "cuda" could have just been the code name for the Challenger improvements...

·
The Negative Optimist
1,903 Posts
Dan Minick said:
Somewhere buried in forums here is a loongg Dodge Razor thread, from about ten years ago. Maybe we need to revive it. Razor or Demon, either works for me.
I'd like to add the Plymouth Pronto Spyder to the list of styling considerations...

·
Premium Member
20,096 Posts
longlivechrysler said:
I'd like to add the Plymouth Pronto Spyder to the list of styling considerations...
I could live with that one, pretty cool. Forgot about that one, too.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I still say the Copperhead is the better Sports car concept that could be a Baby Viper... after all its another Snake lol

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Note that - name-wise - "Razor" would need to be licensed from the Razor scooter people, "Venom" is trademarked already, and so is "Copperhead".

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I happen to think Javelin, would be a spectacular name for such a vehicle. Talon and hornet get honorable mentions.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Does Chrysler still own the name to "Diablo" or it wasnt trademark? i know it was a Lambo (commonly known) but it was 1st used on a Chrysler.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts