Allpar Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Seagondollar said:
To bring this back, General Motors recently has shown an interest in this field: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/17/gms-reuss-says-rear-wheel-drive-scion-fr-s-rival-on-the-list/
Got to admit I'm intrigued by the Toyota FT86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS, but don't want my money to go to Japan. The Pontiac/Saturn thing the General did a while back was neat, but poor visibility 3/4 and read, and the gas tank ate up the trunk.

I'd love to see a Dodge whatever in this field.
I've gotta say, if I could find one, I'd take a Pontiac Solstice GXP hardtop over a BRZ/FR-S any day, I don't care how small the trunk is or how little you can see out the back. That was a seriously cool little car.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,117 Posts
Marauder_Pilot said:
I've gotta say, if I could find one, I'd take a Pontiac Solstice GXP hardtop over a BRZ/FR-S any day, I don't care how small the trunk is or how little you can see out the back. That was a seriously cool little car.
I have to agree, to me the Solstice was the most exciting car GM made for mass market in the US. Out of the whole lineup of dead vehicles in the GM that was what I missed most. I would like to see it as a Plymouth. A Cuda may be on the back burner but if we keep chanting it will show up, just like the 2 DOOR CHALLENGER did.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Javelin should go on a two-door Dart. ;)

I'd take a Saturn Sky over a Pontiac Solstice, and I'd actually take neither in original form as there is no place to stow the removable roof.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Javelin should go on a two-door Dart. ;)

I'd take a Saturn Sky over a Pontiac Solstice, and I'd actually take neither in original form as there is no place to stow the removable roof.
Two door dart? Don't wannago startin' rumors, but a two door DSRT would be epic!?!?!?!?! (but the longer wheelbase of the fourdoor would be peferable in a rally car). But, wouldn't the proper name for a two door version be Javelin/AMX?

I liked the idea of hte GM Solstice/Saturn twins, but I never really warmed to their styling. I agree with 69DartGTS. They looekd a little to much grocery getter fun pop top, and less race track refugee.

If I were going to design a BABY Viper, I would position it similarly to the Viper, but $90-100k Less. I am going to go a little polka-dot sky here, but bear with me. RG said he would love to do a baby VIper someday. I am not ataking that to mean a sporty two door coupe/convertible costing less than Viper. I am taking it to mean almost literally a baby Viper. A car that costs $30-50k, is a FMR config, two door coupe/roadster, 3.2V6TT-DI-MA, 400-450hp, built on the upcoming (ink is dry) Mazda-Romeo, with a very very healthy dose of SRT-ness heaped into it.

What I mean I am taking RG to mean is that he would like to a Baby Viper. A car that costs

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
It would be nice, however how many people are going to line up for a 35-50k track car? The whole appeal of the FRS/BRZ is the sub 30k price tag. I would think they could accomplish something similar with the Challenger by putting it a massive diet and working the suspension, brakes and drivetrain.....but your still going to be talking about a car that will cost 40-50k. I think to make a successful "baby Viper" it would have to be downsized greatly and come in under 30k. Is that possible and would there be enough interest?

61 - 66 of 66 Posts