Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Today, Chrysler shuffled executives to replace Fred Diaz, who had headed up Ram Truck and Chrysler de México before Nissan lured him away to head their American operations. Reid Bigland, who will remain head of U.S. Sales and Chrysler Canada, is shifting over to head Ram; he joined Chrysler in July 2006 from the Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation. Timothy Kuniskis is replacing Bigland has head of the Dodge Brand, leaving his position as head of Fiat brand in North America. Kuniskis joined Chrysler in 1992 and has risen through the marketing and business-center ranks. Jason Stoicevich replaces Kuniskis in running Fiat North America; he will retain his existing position as director of the California Business Center. He has ten years of service with Chrysler’s business centers. Bruno Cattori  is replacing Diaz as President of Chrysler de México; he will also remain Director for Retail Sales and Fleet for all Chrysler Group brands in Mexico...

View the original, full post

T

·
0 Posts
Sounds like they are replacing Diaz with a truck guy. Hmmmm. I think Ram will be just fine.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Wow, that's what I call a shake up.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Mike V. said:
Yep. I sure didn't see the Bigland change coming.
Interesting.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Mike V. said:
It seems that every time a brand starts getting traction and stability, there is a shakeup like this that stalls progress.
It's hard to maintain continuity when this takes place every 18 months.
I hope this is the last musical chairs for awhile.
Hard to understand the Bigland selection, but maybe his time at Freightliner makes him the right choice.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Charger Red said:
What, specifically is the red (Charger) vehicle he is leaning upon? Are those scoops making it into production now?
Charger Redline - I think i just answered my own question.

Addressing the business, talented individuals always face specific challenges when they work within lower tier organizations. All I can say is HR (what a joke) is not working hard enough to retain valued personnel.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
All the new appointments make good business sense. All these guys share one trait: they are good at generating sales.
Very good moves IMO, and it sort of proves that Diaz departure came out of the left field. Had it not been like that they would have had the time to groom somebody for the changeover.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Yep. I sure didn't see the Bigland change coming.
Interesting.
Neither did I, it's quite fascinating and could be very very interesting to see what changes will come of it (cough cough motorsports, cough).

Mike

·
Registered
647 Posts
Worked at Freightliner before? The Freightliner that Daimler owns?? That may not be saying much as Freightliner is the "Fleet Queen" of big trucks! And don't have the best reputation.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I havent seen anything from Bigland lately, speaking about Bruno, all I can say that when he was in charge years ago he didnt make any good for the Company, he always liked a lot better MB, we know he is back to Chrysler, that in my opinion is a mistake, he is the type of guy who thinks the world doesnt deserves him.
It was a pain working with him, he always favores MB, and always looked at Chrysler as inferior, he never liked that employees from MB could get a chance even To seat near a Chrysler employee.
There is a lot of negative stuff we can say about him, maybe now things will change, but I really doubt it, I never understood why he was hired again when he was at MB.
I ll insist again, we had big loss with Fred, everything was moving fine with him, now just look at all the moves they hadto do to replace him.
Its just my opinion, so please take it easy ok ?

·
Registered
497 Posts

Mike V. said:
Neither did I, it's quite fascinating and could be very very interesting to see what changes will come of it (cough cough motorsports, cough).

Mike

That was going to be my question --- Is this where we open the discussion about NASCAR? I'm not serious, of course, but someone had to do it.....

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
b1c said:

That was going to be my question --- Is this where we open the discussion about NASCAR? I'm not serious, of course, but someone had to do it.....
Feel free to take that question to the Motorsports section. ;)

Reactions: Charger Red
1 - 20 of 90 Posts