Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Dodge Challenger 6.4 Hemi was launched with a 392 appearance package, drawing on the heritage of the original Chrysler “double rocker” engines.  For 2013, just three hundred and ninety-two 392 Appearance Package Chargers will be sold, with serialized dash plaques (from 1 to 392), fender and engine cover badges, 20-inch “black vapor chrome” wheels, and black rear spoiler, lower stripe, roof, mirrors, and hood. The car will be built in white, Billet Metallic, Plum Crazy, Hemi Orange, and (pictured) Tor Red, between May and July 2013. The package code is ACQ; the US retail price for the package, above that of the Charger SRT8, is $2,495.

View the original, full post

·
Durango Dave!
843 Posts
Wow, that screams... "TICKET ME"... lol.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Can I get that in Plum Crazy with white stripes? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I don't like the lower strip accent, it looks cheap or just an after thought. I don't like the SRT grill treatment as much as the stock Charger chrome grill. If I could delete the stripes and get the stock grill, I'm a fan.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
long island bill said:
Personally I don't like the lower strip accent, it looks cheap or just an after thought. I don't like the SRT grill treatment as much as the stock Charger chrome grill. If I could delete the stripes and get the stock grill, I'm a fan.
The regular SRT has a painted grille.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I just don't understand the fascination with the 'gaping mouth' grille these days. They're everywhere.(yes...I know about the engine cooling, etc)...but come on....can't we be just a little more creative !

·
Administrator
35,243 Posts
Started way back with the second-gen LH cars... a resurrection of an old design. Really, really popularized by VW-Audi, though.

Engine cooling ... I don't think you need the gaping mouths for engine cooling except maybe on SRTs... certainly not on small cars. Remember when they used to design cars so they had no visible grilles? (To make them look modern against the traditional designs that needed huge grilles to feed huge radiators, before electric fans were common.)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Black paint on alloys was what one would use when the clearcoat failed and there was no time/money to polish and reclear. Now it's part of a multiple thousand dollar paint option package. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
The wheels are actually matte black vapor chrome.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Moparian said:
I wonder how they were able to apply that vapor on the wheels. Must be an expensive process to isolate, purify and blend into the powdercoat mix. Maybe it's similar to how they probably have to go into the Atlantic to procure the essential ingredients for Deepwater Blue or to hell and back for Inferno Red.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I wonder how they were able to apply that vapor on the wheels. Must be an expensive process to isolate, purify and blend into the powdercoat mix. Maybe it's similar to how they probably have to go into the Atlantic to procure the essential ingredients for Deepwater Blue or to hell and back for Inferno Red.
Or it could be a Physical (or Chemical) Vapor Deposition coating.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I was obviously half-serious and acknowledge that there might be various advanced coating techniques that one could more soundly justify the cost of the package as a whole. I just don't see it being worth it for a translucent black wheel that only looks, well, just-black from more than 15 feet removed.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Charger Red said:
I was obviously half-serious and acknowledge that there might be various advanced coating techniques that one could more soundly justify the cost of the package as a whole. I just don't see it being worth it for a translucent black wheel that only looks, well, just-black from more than 15 feet removed.
They justify it because its exclusive to SRT. Weather or not its worth that is subjective. Kind of like the Mystic paint used on the SN95 Cobras.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Moparian said:
They justify it because its exclusive to SRT. Weather or not its worth that is subjective. Kind of like the Mystic paint used on the SN95 Cobras.
Yeah. I remember the fllip flop paint. Ironically, the aftermarket "developed" this technology in the 70's

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
Moparian said:
Sounds like it comes from Pep Boys. Sorry, couldn't resist!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
are the wheels vapor chrome?

becuase the finish look more like thhe wheels and finish used on the Blacktops ...which is not Vapor Chrome

1 - 20 of 22 Posts