Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

While Dodge is bringing back the Charger Daytona, with unique Daytona Blue paint (black, white, and silver are also available), it's doing it in numbers reminiscent of the very-limited-edition original: just 1,800 will be made for the 2013 model year. The Daytona has unique 20-inch wheels, the 3.06:1 rear axle, a satin black grille, high-speed engine controller, satin black spoiler, hood graphics, and roof wrap, Beats audio, numbered dash plaque, Sport mode, two seat options, and other features to set it apart from the standard Dodge Charger R/T. Buyers will pay a $2,500 (or higher) premium for the car. Dodge expects most Daytonas to be ordered in Daytona Blue, with nearly half to be ordered with the Super Track Pak. As for the Challenger R/T, it will gain the two-stripe Dodge logo “hood to fender” stripe in each of six colors, including glossy white. The stripe adds $295 to..

View the original, full post

T

·
0 Posts
Now with zero Nascar presence, two words.... WHO CARES!!!!!!! They should also make a new color of yellow available, call it egg on your face yellow!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
note the " with nearly half to be ordered with the Super Track Pak."
Do they mean the 3:92 gears ? Can you get this option with the Challenger - AUTO ?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Now with zero Nascar presence, two words.... WHO CARES!!!!!!! They should also make a new color of yellow available, call it egg on your face yellow!
We don't need to rehash here what is already discussed in the motorsports section.

With the 2013 Charger Daytona, fans can now own their own blue deuce.

Mike

note the " with nearly half to be ordered with the Super Track Pak."
Do they mean the 3:92 gears ? Can you get this option with the Challenger - AUTO ?
Super Track Pak does not give you 3.92 gears Joe. 3.92 gears are only available on Challenger six speed models and Mopar '11 Chargers.

Mike

·
3,813 Posts
MoparJoe said:
What do you get ??
Super Track Pak (AWD)
Details:
• Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes (BR6)
• 3 Mode Electronic Stability Control (BNC)
• Performance Steering (SBP)
• Sport Suspension (SDE)
• Delete Load Leveling & Height Ctrl (SE8)
• 245/45ZR20 BSW Perf Tires (TVH)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Challenger R/T hood to fender stripes in white. Finally! :) I wonder what the two other new stripe colors are?

·
Registered
695 Posts
JRS200x said:
Super Track Pak (AWD)
Details:
• Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes (BR6)
• 3 Mode Electronic Stability Control (BNC)
• Performance Steering (SBP)
• Sport Suspension (SDE)
• Delete Load Leveling & Height Ctrl (SE8)
• 245/45ZR20 BSW Perf Tires (TVH)
I dunno... Seems like if you're ordering an R/T it should already come with that :glare:

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
I dunno... Seems like if you're ordering an R/T it should already come with that :glare:
Why? R/Ts in the old days weren't "perfectly" equipped automagically either.

Not everyone needs/wants the Super Track Pak.

Mike

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mike V. said:
Why? R/Ts in the old days weren't "perfectly" equipped automagically either.

Not everyone needs/wants the Super Track Pak.

Mike
Which old days are we talking about? Why call it super track pack? Just make it part of the car.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Because, again, not everyone wants it - or wants to pay for it.
Oh, that's nice. THEN DON'T BUY AN R/T. The V6 pentastar is cheaper and plenty powerful. Offer the stupid track pack as an option for the V6 sans Hemi. It should come with the R/T.

As in, it's kind of a rip off.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Face it. NASCAR is a farce. It's not like 40/50 years ago when the racing cars were at least factory bodies. That doesn't mean that it's not popular, it just has little relevance to the car companies nowadays.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
With Challenger SE @ $27.295 price tag, wouldn't the Charger be Americas most affordable Muscle car?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
"Face it. NASCAR is a farce. It's not like 40/50 years ago when the racing cars were at least factory bodies. That doesn't mean that it's not popular, it just has little relevance to the car companies nowadays"

Actually, the 2013 bodies are a step back to factory looking cars and much of the car panels are stamped by the manufacturers and no longer made by the race teams.
Read all about it in the Motorsports Section of Allpar.

·
Registered
382 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
With Challenger SE @ $27.295 price tag, wouldn't the Charger be Americas most affordable Muscle car?
A lot of people outside of Mopar's fan-base don't consider the Charger to be a Muscle car because it has 4 doors...not saying I agree with that sentiment, but it's a feeling that is strong out there.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The NASCAR cars may look more like the cars coming from the factory, and some of the panels may come from the factory, but underneath the skin, the chassis/platform has never seen the inside of a car assembly plant. Years back, the car body you raced came from a real car assembly plant. The motor block you raced on Sunday had to be available to the general public on Monday, unlike nowadays. For many years Bill France Sr. did practically everything in his power to put Chrysler at a huge disadvantage. I'm not sure if Bill Jr is still at the helm, but like I said, (to me at least), NASCAR as a "stock car" race is a farce....and so I may pay some attention to it, but not very much at all.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Bill Jr.?
He passed several years ago. Brian France is head of NASCAR.

Read all about NASCAR in the Motorsports Section of Allpar.

Indy cars and F1 were once factory original cars too. Because of driver safety and increases in speed, very few Series run true "stock" cars, not NHRA, not ALMS, not Rolex, not Grand Am, not WRC, so yes, the cars have changed and driving is no longer a potential death sentence.

I do get your point, but one could argue that there is more factory involvement today than ever before.

Reactions: hemi_magnum
1 - 20 of 77 Posts