Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2014 Jeep Cherokee, the first domestic car (and possibly the first in the world) to use a nine-speed automatic transmission, will also be the first Chrysler Group vehicle to have an automated self-parking system. The optional ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist System (first Chrysler Group availability) is in the center of the gauge cluster and operated with buttons on the steering wheel and the shifter. The park assist screen has a 1941 Jeep Willys graphic on each side of the open parking space. It is part of the optional 7-inch full-color reconfigurable gauge cluster, similar to the one used in Dart and Ram, which provides information and vehicle feedback. The driver can add information such as including turn-by-turn navigation, speed, real-time fuel economy, safety warnings, Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus, audio information, and Selec-Terrain status . More on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee

View the original, full post

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
Best part is the 9 Speed trans. The bright side is less dents in my Challenger. Scary that someone who can't park gets to drive a stone crusher! :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great! But what size of trees will it pick up on the trails when parallel parking?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Parellel and perpendicular!?!? Wow! That's freaking awesome. I bet someone at Ford just had to change his pants for not getting it done first..

Mike

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Mike V. said:
Parellel and perpendicular!?!? Wow! That's freaking awesome. I bet someone at Ford just had to change his pants for not getting it done first..

Mike
now if only we could get all of the people who park at my work to buy one of these..... lol

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
L ike the idea of the Jepp parking itself, but very scary that we have drivers that need shuch a thing.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
Jaime said:
L ike the idea of the Jepp parking itself, but very scary that we have drivers that need shuch a thing.
But we do. And Ford already has it. So it was due time. ALTHOUGH, IMO - this is the wrong vehicle to debut it for Chrysler on. Total mismatch with image. I don't know that it matters much, or that it will hurt sales..
I would just prefer to see management pay a bit more attention to it's branding.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
bumonbox said:
But we do. And Ford already has it. So it was due time. ALTHOUGH, IMO - this is the wrong vehicle to debut it for Chrysler on. Total mismatch with image. I don't know that it matters much, or that it will hurt sales..
I would just prefer to see management pay a bit more attention to it's branding.
I disagree. They want to sell this car to a specific crowd and this is an ideal feature!

Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
bumonbox said:
ALTHOUGH, IMO - this is the wrong vehicle to debut it for Chrysler on. Total mismatch with image. I don't know that it matters much, or that it will hurt sales..
That's the same thing I said when I saw the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, it looked too luxurious for a Jeep and contradicting its "image." Now I see them everywhere.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mike V. said:
Mike
Are we ever going to get lane departure warning and lane keep assist??

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Mike V. said:

Mike
Most systems are parallel and perpendicular. But they usually just show off the parallel, because that is the one that most people struggle with.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Most systems are parallel and perpendicular. But they usually just show off the parallel, because that is the one that most people struggle with.
You are right, I didn't know Ford added it after the fact.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
true_rt said:
Great! But what size of trees will it pick up on the trails when parallel parking?
Not to worry, these will be self parked on dealers lots for quite some time...

·
Registered
993 Posts
JoshMHam said:
Yes. The Cherokee has that.
Yep....I missed it somewhere. Lane Departure Warning-Plus, which is offered for the first time in a Chrysler Group vehicle, uses a camera-based vision sensor to establish the Jeep Cherokee's position on the road. If there occurs an unintentional lane drift, determined by trajectory change and the absence of turn-signal activation, the system will deliver a visual warning and a haptic warning - the subtle introduction of torque from the electric power steering (EPS) system. If the driver unintentionally drifts too far, the system provides a secondary visual warning.

Geez Chrysler is really stepping up their game. I can only imagine what the refreshed 300 will look like.

·
Registered
754 Posts
IMPERIAL4EVER said:
If there occurs an unintentional lane drift, determined by trajectory change and the absence of turn-signal activation, the system will deliver a visual warning and a haptic warning -
Good, could we install this on all later cars so people will use their turn signals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Could you now claim the Chrysler (lancia) Ypsilon is a Mopar?

Anyway if you want to see it self park watch at about 3:55 or just watch the whole thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kiczKKJ6i4

1 - 17 of 17 Posts