Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mike Manley launched the 2014 Jeep Cherokee at a massive event, apparently attended by every person within the Javits Center; the Special Event Hall was not just standing room only, but appeared to be filled to capacity. Jeep has been on a roll, and the new Cherokee is being launched into a busy market. There were 2 million midsized SUV sales in the US in 2012, 5 million worldwide, according to Mike Manley; and that market is dominated by imports.

Manley praised the original Jeep Cherokee for some time, before moving on to the new one. He pointed to the artifical rocks on the stage, saying that while they could not launch the car in Moab, “we tried taking a little bit of Moab here.” Then DRLs lit up at both sides of the stage and, slowly, the Trailhawk moved in from stage left, easily climbing the box-like faux..

View the original, full post

·
3,813 Posts
So there we go.. Dave who has now seen it in person thinks it is much better in person and works.

I know nothing about Hell's Revenge trail, so I will let Norm comment on that and what it means or doesn't about its off roading chops.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would like to know what parts of Hell's Revenge they ran. There are (apparently) bypasses on the trail around some of the "obstacles".

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is there a video of the intro?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
SouthPawXJ said:
I would like to know what parts of Hell's Revenge they ran. There are (apparently) bypasses on the trail around some of the "obstacles".
If you run the bypasses, you can run quite a few of the hundreds of Moab trails.
I've been on many in my unlocked KJ.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JRS200x said:
So there we go.. Dave who has now seen it in person thinks it is much better in person and works.
Careful about putting words in the mouth of the reporter ( who still has Chrysler interviews to conduct this week ;) )
He said it looks better in person, not that it looked great in person. One would first have to know what he thought prior to seeing it in person and since he is a gentleman, he may likely not say.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JRS200x said:
I know nothing about Hell's Revenge trail, so I will let Norm comment on that and what it means or doesn't about its off roading chops.
Hell's Revenge, is rated 6 on a scale of 10.
It's unlikely that the KL was on this trail, as it has 24" steps and requires 33" tires.
However, there are by-passes called "Tip Toe around Hell" that changes that rating to 3.5.
It's easily do-able in that format and is described by the Red Rock 4 Wheelers as:

Road with frequent use, but seldom maintained. Dirt, sand and slick rock surfaces, with mud holes possible (note: maybe impassable when wet due to soil composition). 4WD recommended under most circumstances due to ruts or wash erosion.

So it's a high clearance, but not necessarily a 4WD trail. As noted, my KJ with open diffs has been on it.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I cant believe im saying this. But the 3/4 shot of the blue one.......makes the front end look rather good aaaahhhhh im gonna go sit in the corner and have a small cry to myself :lol:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I think the Trailhawks look really good. Not as much of a fan of the other models, but I think they will sell well vs competitors.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
I'm curious what's going to sell more, the Trail-Hawks or the other versions..

Also, I noticed they toned-down the chrome on the Limited, too.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Btw - Jeeps website already has the 4 models pictured.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
suzq044 said:
I'm curious what's going to sell more, the Trail-Hawks or the other versions.
Likely it depends how many models are available, at launch. If some features are late availability, we are back to the disappointment of the Dart Launch.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Hmm.. true; they haven't exactly been doing great at launches lately. Luckily they didn't promise any dates yet for the Cherokee. At least none that I caught.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
suzq044 said:
Hmm.. true; they haven't exactly been doing great at launches lately. Luckily they didn't promise any dates yet for the Cherokee. At least none that I caught.
Chrysler's Flickr page description for the Cherokee mentions "Q3 availability."

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
dfarc said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rln-xBAvZjk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Jeez Mike, put some pep in it, will ya!?

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I bet the Trailhawk will be pushing $40K.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts