Allpar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Jeep's North American image doesn't play well in China - the Grand Commander has demonstrated this. So what exactly will they be pitching in Europe (vehicle sized constrained vs. North America) and China (off road focus doesn't play well there) in terms of new product that we know of (Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer / three row next gen Grand Cherokee) that will beat prior results?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Jeep's North American image doesn't play well in China - the Grand Commander has demonstrated this. So what exactly will they be pitching in Europe (vehicle sized constrained vs. North America) and China (off road focus doesn't play well there) in terms of new product that we know of (Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer / three row next gen Grand Cherokee) that will beat prior results?
Whats the issue with the Grand Commander in China?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Is it a distaste for off-road type vehicles in general, or is it something specific about Jeep?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Not sure on this one, Nissan hasn't been the most stellar company in regards to sales or corporate structure (Carlos Ghosn) as of late.

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure on this one, Nissan hasn't been the most stellar company in regards to sales or corporate structure (Carlos Ghosn) as of late.
I agree. But Meunier was one of the few Nissan executives I found ready to think on his own, willing to speak up and try to do things differently.

I don't really know why he decided to leave Nissan. He may not have wanted to deal with Infiniti. Perhaps he didn't want to be in Hong Kong. Or he may have grown frustrated with Nissan.

·
10,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nissan North America (in TN) is a highly political place. Many Nissan executives who transferred from Mexico and Canada found the US HQ atmosphere rather toxic.

The personal cult of Mr Ghosn may have been part of it.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
They want luxury status vehicles (smooth ride/chauffeur like) that have high tech amenities.
cough (Chrysler) cough

I wish the 300 had been pushed in China as a Buick competitor. If it had been successful, we may have already received the updated L cars.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
cough (Chrysler) cough

I wish the 300 had been pushed in China as a Buick competitor. If it had been successful, we may have already received the updated L cars.
The 300 would have been such a great choice as a black-car / limousine type vehicle. It even could have been sold in a stretched wheelbase version.

The only problem it might have had is that in China, there are regulations and taxes having to do with any engine above 2.0 Litres.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.