Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For years, it seems, Chrysler followers have known about a car to be slotted below the Chrysler 200, popularly dubbed the 100 or 100C. Insiders told us it was to be a four-cylinder-only car, sold in hatchback form, most likely with a nine-speed automatic in the high range and a six-speed at the bottom end. Gadgets spotted inside were the usual Chrysler fare of adaptive cruise, forward collision warning, etc., with a new lane departure warning system. Recently, though, updates to the Five Year Plan indicated that the Chrysler 100 was dead; at the same time, we were told that a Dart hatchback is planned; and Chrysler 100C mules continue to wander the highways. There are a few conclusions one could draw, the most obvious being that the 100 is very much alive, or that the 100 has been replaced by a Dodge Dart hatchback in the United States..

View the original, full post

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Another head scratcher?

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Looking at that mule, they must have as many unused Chrysler grills as they have Giulietta bodies...?
Lancia....

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
I'd be ok with a Dart hatchback....

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I'm always amused by how that car was lengthened, buy cutting and adding several inches in the area of the rear window...

This may be a dumb question on the grille, but could it be from another model, like a holdover from either the Sebring or the Town and Country? It's proportions look odd.

I'm wondering if this mule is being used to test handling and drivability with a given wheelbase and drivetrain...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
TWX said:
I'm always amused by how that car was lengthened, buy cutting and adding several inches in the area of the rear window...

This may be a dumb question on the grille, but could it be from another model, like a holdover from either the Sebring or the Town and Country? It's proportions look odd.

I'm wondering if this mule is being used to test handling and drivability with a given wheelbase and drivetrain...
Since the front is pretty much "done" (and Lancia/ Chrysler could share grills), it's likely a packaging/cooling test.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
willy said:
Dodge and Chrysler need all the product they can get....as long as it's not just rebadged It_______n junk.
Wow, enlightening comment, as usual... :facepalm:

DaveAdmin said:
I think that if they are going to be launching brand new styling with the new 200, they will NOT be launching an old-styled 100.
Agreed

·
Registered
43 Posts
All of those mules running around are actually the next gen D segment car (200), not Chrysler 100s. If you look on the lettering on the windshield, the 3rd & 4th characters are "UF" which is the model code for the next 200.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Fiat is handling the "premium small car", at least here in the US. I wouldn't surprise me if they changed their minds on the 100.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Dart hatch is a good idea, think it will sell better than a high priced one.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
It wouldn't be the forst time Chrylser has had the ame name plastered on two separate platform/architectures/whatevertheheckitis. It could be either.

I suppose if it's a Chrysler, it'll be more upscale, and be aimed at even more upscale hatches from Volvo, Mecedes, (does Beemer have one), and others. It would also be a lot easier to convvert it to a Lancia, where it would compete well against the other Euro hatches mentioned. If it is a Dart, and there is pecedent, it'll be a little further down the scale, where it'll compete against Golfs, Puegots, and such. Now that I thnk about it, it makes a TON more sense to label it a Chrysler Lancia, and split the difference bewteen the midscale hatches (Golf), and the upscale hatches (Merc, Volvo)

Not sure where the Volvo hatch lands in the market. I is not as smart enough to know things like that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Chrysler 100 is on the product plan, as a matter of fact the new Lancia Delta due to 2015 will not be produced in Europe (according to the Lancia's product plan).

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
Yup. The new plan cancelled a Chrysler C-segment SEDAN. I believe that the 100 HATCHBACK is one of the 3 Chryslers planned for 2015 and that the new Lancia planned for 2015 will be the 100 imported from Belvidere as a Delta replacement. I also suspect that one of the new FIATs scheduled for 2015 will be the Viaggio hatchback (to replace the Bravo), also imported from Belvidere. The Viaggio obviously won't be available in NA but perhaps a Dart hatchback? The Dart also seems to be due for a refresh in 2015, so maybe part of that refresh is the addition of the hatchback variant?

It is possible that the Viaggio will remain a sedan for Europe also. However, I suspect that NA will get the Dart sedan and 100 hatchback, and EU will get the Viaggio and Delta, both as hatchbacks.

Reactions: UN4GTBL
1 - 20 of 23 Posts