Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition, starting at $28,870, “celebrates a never-say-die attitude and the value of hard work with a car unlike any other in the marketplace,” said Saad Chehab, President and CEO – Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC.

The exterior has a new gloss black mesh grille accented with a platinum chrome grille collar, a lower front fascia in platinum black, and platinum chrome fog light “spears;” the sport suspension is more responsive. Body color sill cladding, platinum chrome belt molding and semi-gloss black wheels create a unique profile view.

A body-color decklid spoiler, platinum chrome light bar, rear valance with polished, fascia-mounted exhaust tips, unique “S” and black “200” badges complete the distinctive exterior style of the 2013.5 Chrysler 200 S Special Edition.

The interior was designed in collaboration with Carhartt. Mark Valade, Carhartt CEO, said, “The vehicle is understated in its..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
So, 2 years after it was originally shown off?

I like it, don't get me wrong.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Shouldn't "Interior by Carhartt" be a Ram or Jeep feature?

Reactions: MoparNorm

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
abgwin said:
Shouldn't "Interior by Carhartt" be a Ram or Jeep feature?
Dont get me wrong this car looks really good but I agree the interior by carhart thing should have been a Ram thing seems like a slightly wasted opportunity IMHO

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This is what the "S" should have been since the start!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Gord Tulk said:
Lipstick on a pig. The replacement for the 200 can't happen soon enough.
Thanks for reminding us of 2008. Could you be more original?

Mike

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Gord Tulk said:
Lipstick on a pig. The replacement for the 200 can't happen soon enough.
I actually like it. Back when the SEMA Sebring with the 4.0L shoehorned in was shown, I felt that was the direction that they should have taken the JS in, and immediately.

https://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/sema-2006.html

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/06/img_6075.jpg

Once the extraneous not-quite-horizontal mismatched lines were removed or downplayed, including those on the hood, the car's attractiveness improved. Also the SEMA concept downplayed the odd taillights and revised the grille. If you look at the 200, the grille got revised, the taillights and trunk lid got revised, the bumper covers got revised, and on top of that, they fixed the grossly-sized headlights to boot.

To me it's not so much lipstick-on-a-pig as it's removing the at-a-distance-stage-showgirl makeup from an otherwise decent looking lady.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
I think this is one of those times they actually got the photography right. xD

Also - Carhartt isn't exactly a company I think of for a 'luxury sedan'. More a Ram or Jeep thing. Odd choice.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
suzq044 said:
I think this is one of those times they actually got the photography right. xD

Also - Carhartt isn't exactly a company I think of for a 'luxury sedan'. More a Ram or Jeep thing. Odd choice.
its going to be a waste of a trademark.....I highly doubt any of the customers that I will be selling this car to will have any idea of who or what Carhartt is. ( I persoanlly never heard of them untill today) :eek:

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
I like the package, I just don't like the grille surround. They could have done without the chrome piece on the hood.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
My 200S feels inadequate now... why do I want this car so bad? Lol.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Why wait so long? Maybe we are seeing some subtle hints at the 2015 styling....... Chrome exhaust surrounds, lower rear fascia? Sure look like the drawings that JackRatchett has done. It wouldn't be the first time that Chrysler has hidden future styling right in front of our eyes..... Remember how they started using the Chronos concept in ads a few months before the 2005 300 was introduced?

I really like this car and wouldn't mind several elements of its tail on the next generation.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Good looking car with more improvements. Still competitive.
Absolutely

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
b1c said:
Why wait so long? Maybe we are seeing some subtle hints at the 2015 styling....... Chrome exhaust surrounds, lower rear fascia? Sure look like the drawings that JackRatchett has done. It wouldn't be the first time that Chrysler has hidden future styling right in front of our eyes..... Remember how they started using the Chronos concept in ads a few months before the 2005 300 was introduced?

I really like this car and wouldn't mind several elements of its tail on the next generation.
Sounds good to me.

If the next gen 200 looks this good, and they offer a similarly agressive "S" (or even better - SRT) model, I will get one, seeing as the DSRT is a pipe dream. :/

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
The standard 200 has the chrome piece on the hood as well - difference is that on the standard models the Chrysler wing badge is on the chrome hood trim and not in the grille as on the "200 S Special Edition by Carhartt."

I have to agree - in my head "Carhartt" and "200 S" don't mesh all that well.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
RE: The hood chrome piece

It doesn't bother me, but if they had made it body colour, I don't think it would look bad either.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts