Allpar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler Group is the fastest-growing manufacturer in California. The company says its focus on the Golden State is paying off as retail sales grew 50% in 2012 in America's largest new vehicle market. In comparison, overall industry sales grew just 26%. This is the second consecutive year Chrysler's growth has outpaced the competition. Since opening its California Business Center, Chrysler Group sales have skyrocketed 137%. With sales up 254%, Fiat was the fastest-growing brand last year. According to retail registration data from Experian, 77,266 new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Fiat brand vehicles were sold in 2012, good for a market share of 5.8%, up from 3.5% in 2010. Chrysler Group volume increased 50 percent to 77,266 registrations in California in 2012, up from 51,517 registrations in 2011. In comparison, industry sales in California last year grew by only 26 percent. "Looking back on 2012, we were the fastest-growing manufacturer in the state of California and..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
This is good news, I will say it has been nice to more Chrysler Products in CA. Just in my area there has been a spike in 200's, Chargers and 300's. Mini Vans are about same and since I live the Ag Centeral, RAMs are everywhere.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Take that Dr.Z.! Fasting growing auto co. in Cali. Number 1 in Canada. Nice market share increases in America. Too bad you guys at MB never gave Chrysler a chance! You guys never knew what a gem you had.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
erhemi said:
Take that Dr.Z.! Fasting growing auto co. in Cali. Number 1 in Canada. Nice market share increases in America. Too bad you guys at MB never gave Chrysler a chance! You guys never knew what a gem you had.
...and Chrysler is achieving these gains with vehicles designed during the Daimler era, but upgraded soon thereafter by Chrysler itself (with minor help from Cerberus and Fiat).

In other words, they are working miracles with a lousy starting point.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
That explains where all the Darts are going! Around here Challengers outnumber Darts and New Chargers combined!! So far this year I have seen 3 Darts. You trip over the New Rams in the Malls

·
Registered
718 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
...and Chrysler is achieving these gains with vehicles designed during the Daimler era, but upgraded soon thereafter by Chrysler itself (with minor help from Cerberus and Fiat).

In other words, they are working miracles with a lousy starting point.
Yeah if Mercedes would have done things properly Daimler Chrysler would have been a dominent auto powerhouse. Probably challenging Toyota and GM for number 1. Oh well, their loss!

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
The cliche is: what starts in California goes nationwide shortly thereafter. :)

Not sure of the exact working but one catches my drift.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,378 Posts
Chrysler Conquering Cal Would Be Good!

TMD (3-Days to Go)

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Bearhawke said:
The cliche is: what starts in California goes nationwide shortly thereafter. :)

Not sure of the exact working but one catches my drift.
That was true 20 years ago, hope it isn't now, as we're broke, morally adrift and falling into the ocean... ;)

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,931 Posts
This is good news. But if corporate-wide sales are up 50% in California, but Fiat brand sales are up 254%, it would appear the gains are largely Fiat and not traditional Chrysler brands. Fiat obviously is a new nameplate, so big gains there mean less than they would from established brands like Chrysler and Dodge. Still, if the Dart is selling well there, that is encouraging. A lot of trends for better or worse, start in CA. So maybe the Dart will find it's niche now (as I suspected all along it would).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts