Allpar Forums banner

AN: Chrysler gains $530 million

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  GuidoFL 
#1 ·

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne reported earnings to employees today, noting “solid performance” with net income of $507 million, 16% more than the second quarter of 2012. This is the eighth consecutive quarter of net profit, and the number would have been $23 million higher if a loss related to loan and credit changes had not been deducted. Modified operating profit rose 7% to $808 million, thanks to a 5% increase in shipping volumes. The “voluntary safety campaign” and “customer satisfaction action” on Jeep Grand Cherokee and Liberty, to reduce risk of injury from rear collisions, resulted in a $151 million charge. Net revenue was $18.0 billion for the second quarter of 2013, an increase of 7% Q2-2012. Net revenue was $33.4 billion for the first half of 2013. The company claimed 634,000 sales worldwide in the second quarter, up 10% from the same period in 2012. Sales rose in the..

View the original, full post

See less See more
#7 ·
Oh, me too. Though I like Dieter Zetsche, I have no love for Mercedes. That company would be in severe difficulty if they hadn't squeezed the blood out of Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Bombardier, Freightliner ...

#9 ·
JTE said:
I can close my eyes and picture DZ demanding his team to double sales.
:lol:
I don't know if you read the article, but THAT is exactly what he said. ;)

#10 ·
JTE said:
I can close my eyes and picture DZ demanding his team to double sales.
At Chrysler, Daimler increased sales by building units and filling empty parking lots. Well, Detroit has plenty of space to park all those Mercedes!!!!!

#11 ·
There is Problems With Getting Enough Parts. Well Marchionne Said It Too.

From a Report in Automotive News:
"Marchionne said Chrysler continues to have issues with the ability of its suppliers to keep up with production.
“We've had issues at most of our plants trying to keep up with demand,” Marchionne said. “We've lost volumes on a steady basis,” from not having adequate supplies of components, but he said the company was trying to reduce the occurrence of production stoppages."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20130730/OEM/130739993#ixzz2aXWBKqHt

TMD
"Such a Problem"

Reactions: RVC
#12 ·
Actually it is, "such a problem" as it's very, very expensive to overhead costs and worker morale.
It's the bane of outsourcing. One tiny part can hold up literally millions of dollars worth of production.
It's a never ending battle and long hours for those managers dealing with the problem.

#13 ·
Reactions: GasAxe
#15 ·
IMPERIAL4EVER said:
Although I am happy to see the sales gain, alittle concerned that it once again comes upon sales of SUVs and pickups. How is the "Chrysler" brand doing?
ALL manufacturers are seeing an uptick in pickups and CUV's, it's what the market place wants.
I'd be concerned if Chrysler didn't have a corresponding increase in those market slots.
There should be a model breakdown after the end of the month.

#17 ·
dakrt99 said:
I wonder if they have an emergency facelift, waiting-in-the-wings, just in case the bottom falls out?
That emergency facelift had time to already be completed...and save them millions.
That's a car that would sell.
Jeep didn't need a paradigm, Jeep IS the paradigm.

#18 ·
That is a 5% increase over 2012 which also was a big increase. Suppliers are having issues ramping up as they do not want another 2007/2008 financial bath. It also has to do with total plant capacity (Jeep) and it would have been more if the rollouts had occurred on schedule. Overall not that bad.

#20 ·
"Supplier problems" ? Yes indeed the industrial parks around metro Detroit looked like ghost towns last time I went thru some of them. For sale and auction signs as far as you could see. Not only that the skilled help that made those places function are long gone. Yet attracting new recruits is a major problem to a industry hooked on offshore suppliers aka slave labor wages. Even the old job shop owners have given up in disgust and moved on. The few recruits are not of the caliber needed to produce high quality items. So this issue is not going away anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.