Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler production levels fell 5.6% compared to March 2012 while rising 10.7% compared to February of this year. Passenger car production was up almost across the board, with only the Chrysler 300, Chrysler 200/Lancia Flavia convertible and Fiat 500 sedan in the red. Dodge Dart production led the way, not just compared to last year's rollout volume, but from February 2013 levels. 67.9% more Darts were built in March than in February. Other double-digit increases were posted for the Chrysler 200, Dodge Avenger, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Fiat 500 Cabrio. Production of the Durango and Chrysler Town & Country increased last month. The Durango's 48.2% jump was among the largest advances of any Chrysler Group vehicle. Truck production fell 15.7%, weighed down by the discontinued Jeep Liberty and Volkswagen Routan. If one factors out those two models, Chrysler Group's March-to-March deficit would have been just 0.5% and total..

View the original, full post

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,103 Posts
I say the 300 needs advertising about its fuel economy and a face lift to bring it upscale. I think non owners confuse the front end with the 200. I think people are moving to smaller vehicles for fuel economy.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
I say the 300 needs advertising about its fuel economy and a face lift to bring it upscale. I think non owners confuse the front end with the 200. I think people are moving to smaller vehicles for fuel economy.
I disagree with you on non-owners confusing the two of them.

But I think it's as you said, people just instinctively look at smaller cars because they assume the larger cars can't get good fuel mileage.

·
Registered
82 Posts
According to this article, the Lancia Thema was included in that 300 number. I wonder what that number would be if it was just the 300?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cajun300C said:
According to this article, the Lancia Thema was included in that 300 number. I wonder what that number would be if it was just the 300?
Not much different. The production(and sales) numbers on the Thema are miniscule. Automotive News production figures typically show less then a couple hundred per month for the Thema.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts