Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler Group this morning reported its third-quarter financial results and the news is good.

Worldwide shipments of Chrysler vehicles rose to 700,000. That’s an 18% increase from the 593,000 shipped in the July-August period in 2013. U.S. Q3 market share …

Continue reading...

·
Registered
949 Posts
FCAU shares are up, obviously thanks to the good results delivered by FCA in Q3...It seems to be a splendid investment opportunity...

Anyway, congratulations to the guys at FCA...

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Just netted some on that. Now I'm waiting for some bad news to buy back the shares at a lower price :p

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Just netted some on that. Now I'm waiting for some bad news to buy back the shares at a lower price :p
The pundits are constantly recycling the same trash about Chrysler. "The company (now FCA) had great sales again this month, BUT, they are way too dependent on trucks and SUVs. :eek: The price of gas is gonna go up and consumers will leave FCA like rats deserting a sinking ship. They just don't know how to build small cars. The bottom is going to fall out exactly at the same time the sky is falling, because FCA doesn't have a hybrid out yet and they are decades behind, besides Sergio pleaded with people not buy the electric Fiat because they lose tens of thousands of Dollars for every unit sold."

How's that for bad news?

The news will only get worse because the Renegade, no matter how fuel efficient it is, is going to be another SUV to add to the sales chart. They never seem to notice since the 2008 auto market crash, Ram offers pickups that get minivan fuel economy and the V6 diesel does even better. The pundits don't look at the reality outside their ivory towers, and are happy to provide all the bad news and advice to mislead investors

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Gas prices IMHO are down for foreign affairs reasons. I think that will stay like this for a while now. But there are so many variables. I do agree they need to have a higher percentage of cars in their sales mix. I personally liked our Fiat 500 and now our Dart. But I guess they are not the most fuel efficient ones.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
BUT, they are way too dependent on trucks and SUVs.
That is what happens when a self-professed "unbiased" journalists allows their political agenda to seep into the ink.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
FCA has to establish a small car reputation from the ground up. The Neon was ten years ago and the Caliber marketing was absolutely terrible. The 500 is a niche vehicle that is haunted by strange advertising. The Dart has gone from way too much option confusion to not enough choice in a few model years. There's nothing wrong with these cars that proper marketing couldn't fix.

PS - I forgot to mention if they get the option mix on the 500X right, it will be huge success. Just an opinion from someone who is surrounded by young adults and who has owned L-body Mopars in another life.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
FCA has to establish a small car reputation from the ground up. The Neon was ten years ago and the Caliber marketing was absolutely terrible. The 500 is a niche vehicle that is haunted by strange advertising. The Dart has gone from way too much option confusion to not enough choice in a few model years. There's nothing wrong with these cars that proper marketing couldn't fix.
amen......

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
People are never happy with the returns , just got to pander to the stockholders ... They should be happy with those returns . They do need new cars and as far as suv's goes I think it's time to redo the Journey and top priority should be there bottom of the list quality .

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
What do they class as Worldwide?
Do these figures include the USA?
Is Canada and Mexico classes as Worldwide?
Where are they actually selling these cars "Worldwide"?
It would be nice to have a breakdown of figures for export to each country.

Just to give you some perspective: August 2014 sales in Australia.
Jeep = 2,628
Dodge = 129
Chrysler = 111

Note both Dodge and Chrysler both sell only one model each, with no advertising.

So Annual sales for JEEP-chrysler Group is probably around 15-20K.

In Europe for the first 3 quaters to Sept 2014 I found:
Jeep = 25,350
Chrysler = Cant find stats as they are listed as Lancia/Chrysler approx 45000....so you could probably say 1000 or so were real Chryslers.
Dodge = No figures to be found.....less than 0 probably.

Chrysler doesnt even rate in China....the top 61 Makes are listed with the bottom make (#61) sold 100 cars. for the first 1/2 of this year.

So where do they get the figure of 700,000 Chrysler sales WorldWide?... Obviously this includes North America?.
Just wondering.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
What do they class as Worldwide?
Do these figures include the USA?
Is Canada and Mexico classes as Worldwide?
Where are they actually selling these cars "Worldwide"?
It would be nice to have a breakdown of figures for export to each country.

Just to give you some perspective: August 2014 sales in Australia.
Jeep = 2,628
Dodge = 129
Chrysler = 111

Note both Dodge and Chrysler both sell only one model each, with no advertising.

So Annual sales for JEEP-chrysler Group is probably around 15-20K.

In Europe for the first 3 quaters to Sept 2014 I found:
Jeep = 25,350
Chrysler = Cant find stats as they are listed as Lancia/Chrysler approx 45000....so you could probably say 1000 or so were real Chryslers.
Dodge = No figures to be found.....less than 0 probably.

Chrysler doesnt even rate in China....the top 61 Makes are listed with the bottom make (#61) sold 100 cars. for the first 1/2 of this year.

So where do they get the figure of 700,000 Chrysler sales WorldWide?... Obviously this includes North America?.
Just wondering.
Yes, that are the World global sales, all countries included.

Here You find FCA global numbers, with interesting data about the four macro markets.
http://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/inves...resentations/Q3_2014_Results_Presentation.pdf

·
Registered
949 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts