Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler U.S. sales rose year-over-year again in February, but only by 4%, breaking an extraordinarily long streak of double-digit sales increases. Total sales were Chrysler’s best since 2008, at 133,521 vehicles. Dodge posted a 30% gain. Chrysler's results were in line with analyst estimates of about 4.4%. Jeep sales did not increase, largely due to the end of Jeep Liberty production in mid-2012, and shortages due to the launch of a new Grand Cherokee and Compass. Factoring out the Liberty, Jeep sales would have been down just 1% and total Chrysler Group sales would have improved a much more healthy 9%. Sergio Marchionne said that March 2013 volumes may be lower than March 2012 due to launches of these vehicles and Ram Heavy Duty. Eight vehicles set records in February, including the Dodge Dart, which rose 8% over January; the Dodge Challenger, with a 34% gain; and the Avenger,..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hey, the sales streak continues!!!!! That's the way to start off the lead paragraph. This is good news.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Anyone have any questions about the Challenger now?? Been having a feeling(along with calls to Dodge Customer Service) that if they STICK WITH with a muscle car long enough and do it right, they'll be successful..... guess they're doing something right. Sales can't always be cherry, and they need to be mindful of product decline, but think if they continue the path; keep the Challenger(which appears to be the case), and be mindful about the quality, offerings, etc. for it(basically doing what they're doing) things should be very very bright. Am VERY glad the company appears to be quite healthy and doing well. Here's wishing continued success for all Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/SRT/Jeep and continued great things from Detroit! Keep'em coming!

·
Super Moderator
36,937 Posts
Hey, the sales streak continues!!!!! That's the way to start off the lead paragraph. This is good news.
Weren't you one of those Dart sales in February?

·
3,813 Posts
I am really surprised by these numbers, inventories are pretty low on Grand Cherokee's, so I expected those to drop. We are also really low on trucks and have A LOT of people waiting for the 8-speeds to start hitting the lot, so I didn't expect that to be a gainer either. Not sure what is wrong with the T&C lately, but we can't move one to save our lives, the Caravan still does well though. Not surprised by the Dart increasing, we continue to see more and more traffic on them. I expect it to break 10k a month by years end.

The 300 still disappoints sales wise, maybe they need a drastic styling change, I don't know. But FINALLY the Charger has gone over 10k...it even beat out the Avenger!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Charger and Durango both up. Maybe that reflects shortages of 300 and Grand Cherokee?
Charger up 41%, pretty nice for all Dodge cars last month.
It would seem that folks are holding off on buying 1500's, wonder if they are already waiting for the diesel???

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Interesting to note that, these are the highest monthly sales numbers in 3 years, but just now getting back to the sales numbers of 2008, which was a very bad year for the economy. So good, with a long ways to go.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
JRS200x said:
I am really surprised by these numbers, inventories are pretty low on Grand Cherokee's, so I expected those to drop. We are also really low on trucks and have A LOT of people waiting for the 8-speeds to start hitting the lot, so I didn't expect that to be a gainer either. Not sure what is wrong with the T&C lately, but we can't move one to save our lives, the Caravan still does well though. Not surprised by the Dart increasing, we continue to see more and more traffic on them. I expect it to break 10k a month by years end.

The 300 still disappoints sales wise, maybe they need a drastic styling change, I don't know. But FINALLY the Charger has gone over 10k...it even beat out the Avenger!
Great sum up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
JRS200x said:

41% Increase in Charger...good job!

·
Administrator
35,284 Posts
Charger sales rose at the expense of 300, I think. 300 keeps getting good press. I think the issue with sales is that they raised the base price -- there's no cheap bottom feeder any more. If you want a cheap 300, you have to get the Charger. That might be a good thing in the long run, like making T&C a real Chrysler from the start.

Unfortunately, the 200 will reverse that trend, from what I've heard. Who knows, though, Chrysler changes its mind pretty often, it seems. I think they should try to position the 200 as a high end vehicle from the start, drop the bottom end and leave it for Dart, and if sales aren't high, then sales aren't high... if they move Journey to Sterling Heights, the plant will still be producing well.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
valiant67 said:
Weren't you one of those Dart sales in February?
Yes!

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Wow, 10k for Charger?

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
The 300 just got a refresh for the 2011MY...my thought is that you won't see a full-on refresh but plenty of special editions until 2015/2016 at the soonest.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Thank you Strat!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
The 300 just got a refresh for the 2011MY...my thought is that you won't see a full-on refresh but plenty of special editions until 2015/2016 at the soonest.
As of today, we will have it in 2015 as a 2016 model.
Challenger is almost reaching the 5k units a month, that's when we will be in business with it, Chrysler must sell not less of 5k a month of those sharp looking cars.
I think they will do it easly when the new one will be ready, about the 300 and Charger, they'll come out with something new at the LX festival.next year.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks for the charts Strat! The consecutive increases for CGLLC have been amazing..but..alas they inevittably will end.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I wonder if my 200 was part of the Feb sales.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts