Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This morning, Chrysler reported 166,596 light vehicle sales in May, an 11% increase over May 2012 and a 6.3% gain over April 2013. This marks the 38th month of year-over-year growth and the best May snce 2007. Chrysler's  results are nearly double the average of analyst predictions, which was 6.4%. With double-digit growth in every current model line and new records for the Compass and Wrangler, Jeep  was overcame the ongoing deficit caused by the now-discontinued Liberty. Ram was most improved for the month, with a nice increase in Ram pickup sales and a big boost in sales of the Ram Cargo van, which had its best sales month ever. Dodge's gains weren't far behind, with strong sales of the Charger, Challenger, Journey and Durango. The Avenger and Challenger set new May sales records. Fiat delivered its 100,000th vehicle since re-entering the U.S. market and set a new May sales..

View the original, full post

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
That's what happens when you build products that have mass appeal. And it's very funny, the amount of tweaking that was needed to either appeal again (300) or to appeal in the first place (sebring - 200).

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm thinking the Avenger getting axed will be the only thing that energizes the Dart.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Intrepidatious said:
I'm thinking the Avenger getting axed will be the only thing that energizes the Dart.
My bet is that dropping the Avenger benefits the 200 far more than it will benefit the Dart

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
IMO, the current Dart advertising is lame. The FF6 commercial is confusing. The fleet my son maintains has a variety of compact brands. The Dart stands out as a solid roomy sedan. The marketing gurus seem to be keeping this a well guarded secret.

The success of the Ram minivan is all due to tweaking some details and a better marketing push. These are the fixes the Dart needs.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My local Dodge dealer still has 23 Darts that have been sitting for quite a few months.There is however only 3 Challengers available down from 7 just last month.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Dart is a bit troubling. I am thinking the 2.4 may help.
I know several people that are waiting for the 2.4, and they are getting impatient!

Mike

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Yup; many people who are looking at the Dart, are waiting on the never-present GT.. They don't want the supposed hassle of the turbo engine, and don't like the under-powered feeling of the 2L. The 2.4L is just the thing the Dart needs. The cancellation of the Avenger will help, I think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
Dart is a bit troubling. I am thinking the 2.4 may help.
That and the 9-speed auto. Those of us who keep our cars longer than 3 years are not interested in a stop gap Hyundai 6-speed when a 9-speed is just around the corner that should offer better acceleration and fuel economy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrats to all involved !!

But we just can't get the Dart going can we.
The Avenger is in the way for a little while longer. Just like the killing the entry level 300 opens room for the new 200 coming, the end of Avenger will open room for the entire range of the Dart.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Wrangler, back to number two, company wide, behind only Dodge Ram. When the new factory is completed it could really put up some great numbers. Right now it's sells in numbers that are 50% above factory design capacity.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Wrangler, back to number two, company wide, behind only Dodge Ram. When the new factory is completed it could really put up some great numbers. Right now it's sells in numbers that are 50% above factory design capacity.
I was snooping around Toledo yesterday, looking for a glimpse of the Cherokee.......nothing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts