Allpar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler’s primary focus at this year’s Geneva Motor Show is the new 2014 Jeep® Grand Cherokee, which both gained a facelift and a new across-the-board eight-speed automatic transmission. It was also the European debut for the 2014 Jeep Compass, a relatively strong seller for Jeep worldwide; the Compass gained a revised interior and exterior, a conventional six-speed automatic transmission, and new safety features. It was also the European unveiling of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition. 2012 was a year of growth for Jeep in Europe, with sales growing by almost 20% and an all-time global sales record (700,000 vehicles). The 1056 square-meter Jeep exhibition area in Geneva is in Hall 5. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has  standard bi-xenon headlamps and LED daytime running lights (DRLs), Natura Plus leather,  high-quality wood, and a new three-spoke steering wheel, along with the revised Uconnect system with 8.4-inch touchscreen and the 7-inch TFT customer configurable..

View the original, full post

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
What the frick has happened to the grilles? Not only is the seven slots there, but the Dart and this has that big black Krill whale mouth beow it. What's up with that?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
dana44 said:
What the frick has happened to the grilles? Not only is the seven slots there, but the Dart and this has that big black Krill whale mouth beow it. What's up with that?
Where do you see a Dart??

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Go over to one of the other links and look at the grille. Maybe it is more like a large mouth bass instead of a Krill Whale. I won't tell you what my daughter said the Dart looks like, you wouldn't be able to read it because of editing. Needless to say, I saw the first one on the street yesterday. To me its kind of the PT Cruiser love it or leave it thing, the Jeep seven slot grille is nice, it is that big giant black mess for no reason below it (same with the Dart, get it?).

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
I'm hoping the light is ok, just the way the camera caught it?

When the Dart was launched last year, there was a Black one with a burnt out front indicator light.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Theres a Disclaimer at the bottom of the article sayuing these are Detroit Pics. Geneva pics are not up yet.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
dana44 said:
There are at least two ways to personalize the front clip of a Dart: 1) body color crosshair with piano black surround as found on Rallye trim or 2) body color crosshair with body color surround as found on SE and Limited trims. When the GT arrives, it will be a variation on the Rallye fascia but with a brushed chrome crosshair.

Otherwise, intakes below the bumper is not atypical.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Sorry, just don't think the blacked out front end looks good. Grilles and openings under the bumper is fine, just not a blacked out front end, looks too "ricer" for me and my teenage daughter.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,889 Posts
dana44 said:
"Bottom breather" - very common among lots of vehicles today. Look at a 01-06 Stratus or Sebring - or a first-gen Saturn VUE - or an Olds Intrigue.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Yeah, sometimes it takes me a bit to figure out what I don't like about something, and my daughter within a half a second answered the problem I was having with it. Yes, and I think the other cars, not that there is grille under the bumper like the others, it is what looks like a big black gaping mouth, not a car front end. I kind of liked the Stratus and Sebring about ten years ago, the black was a grille. This is a grille and then a big black mess down below. Did I just figure it out? Yes, yes I did. Can it be fixed? Yes, yes it can. Do I intend to buy one? No, no I don't, I don't fit in it very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts