Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler has replaced board member Alfredo Altavilla with Robert G. Liberatore, as of June 10, the expiration of Altavilla’s four year term. Liberatore is on several nonprofit boards and that of Fiat Industrial; he is also the principal at RGL Advisers, LLC, and a Senior Advisor of the Boston Consulting Group. He has been a consultant for Chrysler Corporation and Chrysler Group for over 20 years. Mr. Altavilla continues in his role as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Fiat's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) operations, the position to which he was appointed in 2012. He remains a member of the Group Executive Council. Altavilla advised Sergio Marchionne during the takeover of Chrysler in 2009. Part of his mission as COO was to convert Fiat’s Italian plants from making unprofitable mainstream small cars to building premium Alfa Romeos, Maseratis, and Fiats.

View the original, full post

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Lampredi said:
But Altavilla is still COO of Fiat, just not on the board anymore? Or has he left the company?
Thanks, the article left me with the same questions.???

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I did a search, and found this from The Detroit News:

However, Altavilla — widely seen as the most likely executive to succeed Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne — will continue to head the group’s struggling European, African and Middle Eastern operations.

The move was aimed in part at giving him more time to focus on fixing the automaker’s operations there, according to a person with knowledge of it.
"Chrysler names Liberatore to board of directors"

So looks like he's staying, thankfully.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Dr. Z said:
Yes, I'd agree with that -- with the additional benefit of increasing the board's Chrysler-guy content.
That is great news. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts