Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Automated System
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEO Sergio Marchionne today confirmed that Chrysler Group will invest nearly $374 million and add about 1,250 new jobs to to boost transmission production. $212 million will be spent on the existing Kokomo Transmission, Kokomo Casting and Indiana Transmission I Plants for additional tooling and equipment to produce new eight- and nine-speed transmissions. This will create as many as 400 new jobs, subject to market conditions and demand. Work is scheduled to begin in the second quarter 2013 and equipment and tooling will be installed in the fourth quarter of this year. Chrysler is also acquiring the former Getrag Tipton Transmission Plant and will invest $162 million to create more capacity for the nine-speed transmission. The company said this could create up to 850 new jobs. Look for production to begin early in 2014. Marchionne, along with Indiana Governor Mike Pence, Kokomo Mayor Greg Goodnight, Tipton Mayor Don Havens, Tipton County..

View the original, full post

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
The Mad Duck said:
Nine Speed's for All!

TMD :thumbsup:
Yep!
When I broke the news about Tipton, several months ago, my news was seriously questioned.
My sources are pretty spot on. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts