Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Autoblog released the official press report on the Town & Country S, which brings a blackened chrome grille, black-accented wheels, and blackened headlight inserts, black headliner, black leather-and-cloth seats, and even a black-on-silver Chrysler logo in back. It will be sold in black, red, white, and silver, with a Blu-Ray/HDMI rear-seat entertainment system, multiple screens that can show different movies, USB ports that can be used for charging; it also has a "sport suspension."

View the original, full post

·
Defender of Reality
2,941 Posts
This is both good and bad by Chrysler. Good: I think the overall S model package sells well and the look is one that is popular. It brings consistency across the lineup in terms of nomenclature and branding. Bad: why did they dumb it down for the minivan? Cloth in the seats instead of the leather with white stitching? REALLY??? This is a CHRYSLER, not a Dodge....when will they figure out that no Chrysler EVER should be offered with cloth in any part of the seat? The wheels should be bigger (and wider if possible for better grip) with lower profile tires to match the look on the 300S. I've never felt my ride quality was compromised in my 300S and the weight difference shouldn't be a huge problem if the suspension is properly tuned.

Baby steps I guess...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seriously, this is underwhelming, just like the Caravan R/T, they couldn't go for wheels bigger than 17 because of laziness (it would require them to pick out new tires and change up the suspension and brakes), and it really doesn't look that aggressive, but i have to say it is the best looking T&C yet, still though, underwhelming. it needs dual exhuasts, too, look at the Sienna SE with the package that gives it 19s and other stuff, that looks good.

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
A Chrysler version of the Grand Caravan R/T.. I still would take the "man van" over this. Although, I would swap the headlights and put these in the R/T.

redriderbob

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I like it, I should have waited.....oh well I love my van.

But i just love the all black interior! Just beautiful!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Seriously, this is underwhelming, just like the Caravan R/T, they couldn't go for wheels bigger than 17 because of laziness (it would require them to pick out new tires and change up the suspension and brakes), and it really doesn't look that aggressive, but i have to say it is the best looking T&C yet, still though, underwhelming. it needs dual exhuasts, too, look at the Sienna SE with the package that gives it 19s and other stuff, that looks good.
Wow laziness???

Changing wheels size, and suspension and brakes is no where near as simple as you think it is.

Mike

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
A Chrysler version of the Grand Caravan R/T.. I still would take the "man van" over this. Although, I would swap the headlights and put these in the R/T.

redriderbob
Agreed.

Love the black interior (like the GC R/T) and love the black headlights.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I like it, especially since mopar van development is my key interest.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
Good looking vehicle. Seats are nice, cloth where it should be and leather on the high ware part, my backside likes that while the seats are heating up. If I had to make a choice between leather or duals, I would take true dual exhausts every time. Should make full leather seats a no cost option. So I guess its the R/T for. If I were vanning it would be the R/T for me then, just dump the RAM grill to avoid the truck charge at the NYC parking lots.

Dave, you are faster at the keys than ME! :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I got a 2012 T&C Limited. Love the van but there are things I would change. I've seen the S model at the NY Auto Show and it addressed some of the things I would like to change. First off, it's hard to see from the picture, but it does have bigger wheels and ties, 19inchers, and 235s I think. They make a big difference in person. The black headlights and grill were on my mod list and there they were. In refrigerator white with less chrome than my Limited, I wanted it. Sorry, not a fan of black interior in a minivan, I prefer my tan interior, but I like the fabric inserts. 2013 S is a really nice van w/ 9in. screens, Bluetooth, rear HDMI and USB inputs.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
This well could be a marketing experiment to see if one van versus the other van or both should be kept.

In 1980 the new J-body Chrysler Cordoba was to receive a Chrysler 300 "twin" like it did for '79 on the B-body, but it got taken downmarket to being the Cordoba LS instead. White, with a crosshair grille like the '79 300 had, no upward-raised hood ornament, etc. The change from "300" to "Cordoba LS" was made so late that there were published part numbers for all of the 300 badges for the car, and if one had gotten on it one possibly could have gotten those through dealer service departments before they were pulled.

It could well be that if Chrysler keeps the van, they will produce a couple of downmarket models with a sports look and feel. The blackened grille and headlights might help attract some Caravan buyers that lament the loss of their Dodge offering, even if Chrysler removes the fancy stuff like the screens and some of the other fancier bells and whistles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts