Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

According to reliable source oh2o, the 2014 SRT Viper will start production on July 2013, and run for one full calendar year, with higher than usual production planned. While the changes from model-year 2013 are unknown, other than the usual continuous quality improvements, oh2o did provide a preliminary, subject-to-change color list: Adreline Red True Blue Pearl Billet Silver Metallic Venom Black Gunmetal Pearl Viper White Race Yellow Stryker Green Tri-Coat (GTS only) The 2013 Viper is rated at 640 horsepower with 600 foot-pounds of torque; it weighs 100 pounds less than the 2011 model, and has a substantially upgraded interior along with electronic goodies such as Launch Control. 2013-2014 Viper in depth.

View the original, full post

·
Super Moderator
3,522 Posts
2013 Vipers:

533 - Built as of 5/24/2013 (including pre-production)

298 - Delivered to dealers (most to single dealer = >20)

410 - Currently scheduled for build (some may be switched over to 2014 model year)

RonJW said:
I only counted eight colors listed not fourteen the article stated
2014 Viper colors (preliminary)

Viper coupe:

ADRENALINE RED
BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
GUNMETAL PEARL
RACE YELLOW
TRUE BLUE PEARL COAT
VENOM BLACK CLEAR COAT
VIPER WHITE CLEAR COAT

Viper GTS coupe:

ADRENALINE RED
BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
GUNMETAL PEARL
RACE YELLOW
STRYKER GREEN TRI-COAT PEARL
TRUE BLUE PEARL COAT
VENOM BLACK CLEAR COAT
VIPER WHITE CLEAR COAT

·
3,813 Posts
It's actually kind of disappointing that they are using some of the standard brand colors (True Blue and Billet) on the Viper. Seems like all of its colors should be special or exclusive in some way.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
JRS200x said:
It's actually kind of disappointing that they are using some of the standard brand colors (True Blue and Billet) on the Viper. Seems like all of its colors should be special or exclusive in some way.
They have used a mix of exclusive and standard colors on the Viper for years. Graphite Metallic was a truck color ten years ago that looked amazing on the Viper, for instance.

·
3,813 Posts
I am not saying they all have to tri coat paints or anything, just that the colors should be exclusive to the car... I can get True Blue on a $18k Dart, at least change it a little bit if you are gonna offer it on the Viper and call it True Viper Blue or something... :p

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
JRS200x said:
I am not saying they all have to tri coat paints or anything, just that the colors should be exclusive to the car... I can get True Blue on a $18k Dart, at least change it a little bit if you are gonna offer it on the Viper and call it True Viper Blue or something... :p
Agreed, but what if a Viper buyer likes the blue on the Dart on the lot? They can re-name it, but if it's a good colour nothing wrong with it IMO.

kdaviper said:
Coincidentally, you can have the same Dash, Nav cluster, and steering wheel controls from the Dart as well.
Similar TFT, the Dart and Viper have the speedo & Tach swapped. The steering wheel is different, but I'm being picky

But I see your point.

·
3,813 Posts
Except that a majority of the colors on the Viper are at most $1000 adds, not $15k. I would think most people would be fine with paying $1000 for a paint color that is exclusive or special to the Viper and not the same as their neighbors sons Dart. In fact, I know they would be.

·
Registered
735 Posts
JRS200x said:
Except that a majority of the colors on the Viper are at most $1000 adds, not $15k. I would think most people would be fine with paying $1000 for a paint color that is exclusive or special to the Viper and not the same as their neighbors sons Dart. In fact, I know they would be.
Then they can buy a '13 in shadow blue or GTS blue.it's not like that's the only color they offer....

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,933 Posts
You would be surprised how many people with the... affluence... to afford a Viper or similar car will balk at paying extra for a color. Ask someone who sells them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts