Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reader Jared sent a pricing sheet for the Dodge Dart GT; according to the sheet, it’s a model based on the Dart Limited, which lists for $19,995 plus destination, which is consistent with the features released earlier. Leather seats are included; options include the technology group ($995, includes blind spot and cross path detection, keyless operation, rear park assist, and rain-sensitive wipers), HID headlights ($395), 506-watt Alpine stereo ($495), and UConnect Touch with navigation and SD/USB ports ($495). The 2.4 Manual GT Quick Order Package, coded 27S, costs $1,000 and also includes the 18 x 7.5 inch aluminum wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, black headlamp bezels and door handles, “daylight opening moldings,” GT badges, heated front seats and steering wheel, racetrack tail-lamps, sport suspension with frequency-damping shocks, garage door opener, and black crosshair grille. The GT is not expected to hit production until May 30, according to the sheet.

View the original, full post

·
Registered
384 Posts
Once again... I will believe it when I see it.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
BigDaddySRT said:
Once again... I will believe it when I see it.
I agree. I don't expect this to be a pocket rocket either. I see it simply as the masculine brother of the Limited...

Mike

·
Registered
695 Posts
It might be slightly quicker than a first gen base Neon... if at all. What you're paying for is tech and handling.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Jared said:
It might be slightly quicker than a first gen base Neon... if at all. What you're paying for is tech and handling.
The GT should run right next to or be quicker than a first gen manual trans Neon, especially of mates to a manual, in my opinion.

The 1.4 and 2.0 are as fast as the original automatic Neon's. They aren't meant to be rocket ships.

Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
According to "Moparian" on dodge-dart forum, GT has shown back up in the Order guide (but can't order yet) as well as Mopar 13 (can order that), FYI. I think Moparian is on here as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Jared said:
Tech is available... but nobody knows what suspension improvements the GT is going to have over a Limited.

Mike V. said:
The GT should run right next to or be quicker than a first gen manual trans Neon, especially of mates to a manual, in my opinion.

The 1.8 and 2.0 are as fast as the original automatic Neon's. They aren't meant to be rocket ships.

Mike
I have to give you crap Mike... there's no 1.8L DART.

Unless you know something I don't know.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
BigDaddySRT said:
I have to give you crap Mike... there's no 1.8L DART.

Unless you know something I don't know.
Sorry, typo. Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Paul J. Reed said:
According to "Moparian" on dodge-dart forum, GT has shown back up in the Order guide (but can't order yet) as well as Mopar 13 (can order that), FYI. I think Moparian is on here as well?

Thanks.
correct. MOPAR 13 is based on the limited and gets the 1.4T.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mike V. said:
They aren't meant to be rocket ships.

Mike
Never said that they were...

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Jared said:
Never said that they were...
It was simply a statement...

Mike

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mike V. said:
It was simply a statement...

Mike
Oh, OK

I think you're right though... I get the feeling a lot of people expect it to be that. And it just won't be. I'm also afraid of the auto press backlash because of that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts