Allpar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler Group has released May production numbers and they may raise and eyebrow or two. Topping the list of eye-openers is the Dodge Dart. Production of the Dart was up compared to last May, when the new model was still ramping up, but compared to April of this year, it was slashed by 64.5% in May. April production totaled 10,380 cars, but just 3,690 left the Belvidere Assembly Plant last month. Another curiosity is a 7.8% April-May decline in Ram light-duty pickup production. Sales of American branded pickups are strong right now: year-to-date (YTD) sales of Ram, F-Series, Silverado and Sierra pickups were up 22.1% compared to the first five months of 2012, a growth rate more than three times as high as the industry as a whole. Year-over-year comparisons show Ram production up by 15.5% and only production at the Warren Plant was down compared to April (production at..

View the original, full post

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I saw many Darts testing at Auburn Hills yesterday.

Something is afoot.

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
I read on several Dart forums yesterday that there have been a number of clutch failures in manual transmissions EARLY on - like, between 200 and 2,000 miles. Most were seals that blew out on the slave cylinder, causing the clutch pedal to go to the floor, but not release. One owner was told that they now press the clutch pedal 5,000 times before sending it out the door.

At least one was told by the dealer that his clutch was installed backwards. Not sure if that's physically possible. But it makes me want to wait a couple of years before considering one...

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
To me, it's about what they showed us as models versus what they've actually delivered. We simply haven't seen the announced 2.4. I know, the 2.4 is not the mass-market powertrain expected in that car, but exciting cars draw customers into the dealerships, whether they purchase them or purchase a lesser-equipped car.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Bob Lincoln said:
I read on several Dart forums yesterday that there have been a number of clutch failures in manual transmissions EARLY on - like, between 200 and 2,000 miles. Most were seals that blew out on the slave cylinder, causing the clutch pedal to go to the floor, but not release. One owner was told that they now press the clutch pedal 5,000 times before sending it out the door.

At least one was told by the dealer that his clutch was installed backwards. Not sure if that's physically possible. But it makes me want to wait a couple of years before considering one...
Allpar reported on this recall several months back actually.

Mike

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Paul J. Reed said:
I thought that recall was for the DDCT?
It was a slave cylinder issue on the DDCT.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
31,982 Posts
The posters in these cases clearly stated that it was the manual transmission... :shifting:

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Bob Lincoln said:
The posters in these cases clearly stated that it was the manual transmission... :shifting:
Maybe they are having slave issues on both. At my dealer the trans guy is a close friend, only complains about the DDCT slaves.

In general, very few Darts and LX cars come in for service.

Mike

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Mike V. said:
Maybe they are having slave issues on both. At my dealer the trans guy is a close friend, only complains about the DDCT slaves.

In general, very few Darts and LX cars come in for service.

Mike
Exactly, it was both. The DDCT is only an automated version of the manual after all.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
People wanted a 2013 Dart GT. I feel like Chrysler's giving people what they want ... without actually giving them what they want.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Its good to see them listening to their customers, would definitely love to see the 9 speed with the 2 litre, I would assume that would help with the sluggishness people keep whining about. 9 gears would amplify the low torque correct?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts